Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: May 100 Items

Thanks Kat for the great tip! That is definitely useful to me. I hadn't even thought about doing that before.

Between today and yesterday I tossed 83 articles of clothing from the 3 DDs. I'm exhausted. But it's really nice to be able to close their dresser drawers now. I just did the weekly laundry though and I'm sure there is more in there that needs to be tossed.

Previous total = 27
    Today = 83
    New May Total = 110
    "Wealth consists not in having great possessions but in having few wants." - Epicurus

Woohoo! Bugeah, you are doing AWESOME! :-)

Did you get rid of that one last item yet, fidgie? I know you mentioned on another thread that your DH has been selling stuff on ebay. Have you broken 100 for the month yet?

I think we have! 10 containers of car wash miscellanea are sitting on the front step for a pickup after someone is off of second shift tonight. So glad they can go to use and so glad to have them out of my house! That would put us at 109! Yiipppppppeeeeeee!

I put everything back on the shelves after the plumbing disaster and we actually have empty space. Awesome! Simply awesome!

Thanks for asking. I feel a little better after having done this purge, but I want to keep going, too. Especially in the garage . . .
    Kelli

My gluten free blog: Twin Cities Gluten Free
    Our house remodel blog: Our Fair Abode

Plus we were just talking about it over dinner - DH used up a jar of primer plus the remainder of a can of paint in painting the shelves. We will also throw an ancient paintbrush. Actually I am also about to set a rusted metal flower pot out in the alley for scrappers.

+4 = 113
    Kelli

Fidgie, glad there was a silver lining to the plumbing issues!

I got rid of lots of bits and bobs last weekend. So happy to have it gone. Well over 100 items!

I have tomorrow off and I'm taking back some things I ordered a few months ago from Land's End and didn't like. We have one of their Inlets (outlets) here and so I can do it there. Easier than dealing with Sears at the mall. I also have a pair of pants to take back to LL Bean. Will go to the store here. Five pieces of nice clothing to a more upscale charity thrift store tomorrow, too.

Thanks, Tradd! Good luck on your returns quest.

We also finally threw away an old makeshift table made of a glass top (from an old picture frame) and a metal bottom (magazine holder?) that was outside and all rusty and icky and dirty. The scrappers will hopefully snap it up.

+2 = 115
    Kelli

May27
    --1 large broken fan to the curb (someone picked it up before the collectors came)
    --lost count but at least 20 items in the gargage (broken bits, dried paint brushes, dirty rags and much more)
    --20 pieces of clothing while taking out and putting away seasonal clothes
    --4 hangers in charity box
    Total 95 items

Thread Information