Thread: did the scary thing

did the scary thing

Yup, it was a financial thing hanging over my head. Delaying did not cost me anything directly, but slowed down several other things I have needed to take care of. If this is all I really did with my extra holiday days off then it is worth it. Interesting to see if this affects my stress overall, Honestly I totally, 100% blanked out on doing this when it was due. I had that once with a simple ticket, so far out of my consciousness that I had no memory of it. It was so simple that I didn't do all my ways of remembering. Then I went to renew my license and they said I didn't have one!! Apparently they don't send you any notices on these things in Denver (according to the DMV). Cost a day of grief and some money, the ticket was no points, no money, just needed to show my insurance card. I just couldn't turn in the proof of insurance immediately, I had to wait a week and in that week it was a goner mentally.

Lesson learned, sometimes I seriously forget things. I do better when I do things very early, as soon as I am aware. Or to use all my reminder tricks even if I think it is a super simple thing I will never forget.

Hooray for doing the scary thing!

I bet it will help.

Those things are like background noise.

Things like paying bills and renewing tags or license are things I pay immediately. Otherwise they hang around in my mind cluttering the room for anything new. Especially financial things. It just eats at me till I get it done. I'm always at the DMV first day of the month not last day of the month. I just can't imagine living a life where I forget something if it involves money I need to pay out or a deadline. So I'm almost paralyzed the opposite direction from you. Isn't that funny? So glad you got it taken care of!
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

good for you Zoe.

Yes Float, I used to be that way but many years of being on the edge financially changed my wiring. Now I am always concerned that if I take care at least of it immediately then something else will happen that is more urgent and I won't have the money for it. Before my foreclosure I would pay an extra small amount every month on my second mortgage, and then that all was a waste when I lost the house. Definitely changed my habits around money and I have real compassion for those who never get out of this financial bind. I at least started earning more and being able to take care of things better. Just a few mental glitches to un-learn.

Thread Information