Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Animal smells

I think you are getting enough hints from the universe that you need to look elsewhere to rent.

Probably can't rent it due to the smell.

Gosh, I hope my house doesn't smell like dog. It probably does; we have three.

my friend and I each have 3 and neither of our homes smell. Believe me my son would be complaining if it did) I even had a small dog that the last few years of her life peed a lot on the floor but because I was home a lot I cleaned it up right away so it did not damage my floors.

According to spouse, it's more like "essence of cat" than dog. We're going to compose an email to her and be frank about what she intends to do about it, the terms of the lease, etc. We don't want to be suckers.

I probably shouldn't say this, but the day my sister got married, we went up to her in-laws' place. According to spouse, it "smelled like a dog's butt." They had two small dogs. Perfectly nice people, the place was neatly kept, brand new kitchen, etc. I have no idea what was goin' on there...

I do think it is cat. Specifically male cat "spray." Definitely a deal-breaker if she can't eliminate it.

Cat is the worst.

I thought I smelled cat when we bought our foreclosure in SC, but we refinished floors and painted everything and I ran air cleaners and it smelled fine after we finished the work. Just like new paint and clean air.

That was definitely inappropriate of her. And you don't owe her any reason why – you can simply email her and say no.

If she's coming into your workplace already, just imagine what would happen if, for example you ever happen to be late on the rent. Is she going to be coming into your building and announcing this to anyone within earshot? Would you really want all your co-workers knowing this? RUN!

I would not rent it, I think it will smell like that forever.
    Trees don't grow on money

Thread Information