Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Facebook question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Facebook question

Facebook has decided that I need more friends and is constantly putting 2 rows of people's images on my facebook, asking "Do you know these people?" Usually in the upper right hand corner of things like this, you can choose "hide"......but this one says "no options available". NO I don't want strangers for friends. Why do they do this? It really ticks me off. Can any of you get rid of these "friend suggestions" on your FB page?

Also......FB is constantly putting things on my page and I choose to delete them. FB apologizes and then the next time I'm on FB, there they are again. Wouldn't it be in FB's best interest to not bug the hell out of us?

Well, Facebook is not a charity. They are there to make money. More people, more clicks, more buys = more money. I just ignore what is not interesting. I have blocked a huge number of ads and they are really down in volume right now.

The people are there often because they are friends of friends or members of groups you follow or otherwise there is some connection.

It is getting terribly annoying--I agree. I have kind of trained myself to look around the stuff that doesn't concern me.

Speaking of ads on social media, is it my imagination, or is Pinterest showing more and more "promoted" photos?

If you want to use FB you're stuck with how they do things. Learn to not "see" those......and yes, there are more things periodically. This last week I started getting a list of groups to join. can't get rid of those so they have to go in the "ignore button que" of my brain.

Thanks everyone. I'll just have to work on ignoring it.

Yppej
    Same thing with LinkedIn. They tell you to only connect with people you know then inundate you with suggested connections with strangers. For instance, one university I attended had an enrollment of 70,000 so they are suggesting all of those people who are on LinkedIn.

Williamsmith
    Try deleting your account, if you want to be terribly annoyed.

I have been Facebook free since July 8, 2014. It is a beautiful way of life!

Same thing with LinkedIn. They tell you to only connect with people you know then inundate you with suggested connections with strangers. For instance, one university I attended had an enrollment of 70,000 so they are suggesting all of those people who are on LinkedIn.
    this could make sense if it's recruiters or people in the same industry you have worked in (there is a potential networking opportunity there, not that I've ever been any good at that), but doing it for a whole university really is silly.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    I have been Facebook free since July 8, 2014. It is a beautiful way of life!
    Well done! I have never been a member, and don't want to join!

Thread Information