Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Diet and exercise

I would like my goal weight to be between 155 and 160 also but unfortunately it is more in the 140 range. Below 135 I am losing needed muscle mass, and above 145 my knees hurt. The least I have weighed as an adult was 131, after being ill, and a couldn’t boost myself onto a wall the height of my waist. The most (non pregnant) is my current 153 which I hit for the first time fairly recently (last year or two maybe? After 45 anyway.) my torso tends to be shaped like a duck pin with only the bottom section expanding and contracting. My waist changes very little.

CL - you made me look up duckpin. Yep, exactly what I thought...

Since we're going there - I'm female, 5'11'' and weigh 174 presently. I feel chubby. Highest weight was 183, and ideal is 155 but it's not been seen in ~ 10 years. I look and feel great at 160-5.

I lose the chest first, then the butt and last the middle. I wish it were in reverse order!

Now I feel short. Lol.

i didn’t do very well over the weekend, but I lost a pound last week. Every day is a new one...

I am fluctuating a bit up again, I got down to 150, and one whole day under 150! I am 5'3" and give some credit to my chest for the weight. I am not going above 154, but it is HARD WORK to keep it close to 150. Basically if I can stay off sugar 100% and if I get some exercise and good sleep. Many outside factors right now, I am hiring someone however!! Should help as long as no one else gets sick.

Good job Zoe Girl! I can’t imagine staying off sugar 100%. Even assuming you mean added sugar. Even bread has added sugar.

i did well on my food choices yesterday. (I did split a beer with dh at dinner) Still not doing any “exercise” except bucket yoga, but I moved a lot of boxes and restocked shelves at the food bank yesterday.

We have carefully tracked our weight up and down for several years. Biggest impact on both of us is not sugar but salt in any form. When we eat out anything, anywhere our weight can go up as much as 3 pounds and down over the next several days eating as we normally do. We weigh ourselves every day and it is the trend and not the immediate ups and downs. The action has helped us understand the impact of various foods on our "weight".

Note: exercise has reduced my hubby's waist 5 inches but he weight is pretty much the same as 2-3 years ago according to his medical records. Exercise is so important.

My DH and I lost 40lbs each about 3 years ago.l It was a combo of diet and exercise. I am 5'7" and still weigh 177. I can't seem to get below that no matter what I do. Until I was 50 I only weighed 140. Ugh! I am sure it is age related as I am 63.

Salt definitely makes a difference for me.

i currently have no sense of progress. Dh is encouraging me to swim, but I can’t figure out when.

I agree with your husband that exercise should be high on your priority list.

So, if I swim, it needs to be before after school (after school it adds 20 minutes total to driving, otherwise - 2 hours.

before school would only be tu or th, after would be tu/w/th/f

right now I am using all of that time for errands, pottery, Christmas preparations, lesson planning, housecleaning, and now and then making dinner.

before school would be more stressful because of needing to get done and reach school at a certain time.

i could probably fit it in after school the next two Thursdays, but would rather keep using that time for other things and wait until January.

meanwhile, I am thinking about hitting the despised but effective exercise bike in the basement. That will need to be mornings because I can’t expertise with 4 hours of bedtime and fall asleep well. Which means I will need to get up earlier in order to exercise and then shower. But I should at least try.

Thread Information