Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Diet and exercise

I am roasting Beets right now to make a Beet Hummus, it appears to be almost like the Cauliflower recipe JaneV2.0 posted.

Sometimes beans can make you too gasy i find. Rice, potatoes, veggies, gluten free diet is the best thing i find.
    I can accross The Energy Blueprint, has anyone tried them? Heard many great things about them. Maybe can be of some help with your weight loss plans.

Kind of interesting to see this pop back up.

i am down a net of two pounds.

but for a while I was doing really badly, but now (with the help of iron supplements - yay science!) I am doing better again. I have not been riding the bike, but the current plan is two evenings swimming, three mornings (mostly stretch oriented) gentle yoga. Some weeks I do it and some weeks I don’t, but I got my swim back up to a 1600m. I’m working on increasing to just over a nautical mile (1900m)

diet has been a little whatever - my mom left me a lot of cookies. A couple days I had cookies for breakfast.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    Kind of interesting to see this pop back up.
    The thread hadn't been touched in months and all of a sudden a first-time post containing a link to another Web site appears. Strange, IMHO.

I've been having a little trouble negotiating the colder temperatures. I think it's time to make more filling soups and the like; what satisfied me during the warmer months is not doing the job now even with little change in the exercise regimen.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

My guess is spam/bot, but it did make me look back at what was going on with me.

Yppej
    I was continuing to lose until my dad's 80th birthday celebration this weekend, which tacked on 3 pounds. Back on the wagon for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    My guess is spam/bot, but it did make me look back at what was going on with me.
    Not likely to be a bot, the registration process requires the registrant to copy a phrase which I made up several years ago. Once that is completed the registrant must be approved by me and I don't approve anyone until their registration IP address is checked against an online spam database and an IP tracker which I use to ensure that registrants are located where they say they are. That's not to say this wasn't a spam post but if it is, it required human input.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Tonight I swam a nautical mile.

Yppej
    Down 6 pounds from the weekend. Stressed about court which killed my appetite. If I stay at the weight I am now I will be happy.

Mid Atlantic coast after 30 years in No CA
    My weight has stayed stable for the past 5 years or so. Which would be fine but I remember when I was 20-25 pounds lighter. Except I used to smoke when I was at that weight. Haven't smoked in 22 years, and I'm doing my best to accept the higher weight...

High blood pressure, which runs in my entire family, is my only health issue, so maybe my body likes this weight (5' 5", 150 lbs.). I'm not in my 20's any more, sigh...
    peaceful, easy feeling

Thread Information