Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Diet and exercise

Diet and exercise

So, here I am gong into the biggest eating season of the year, back up at my non-pregnant record weight.

i have totally fallen off my exercise program. Dh asked me this morning when I was going to start swimming again and suggested today. I told him not today. He looked dissapointed. I asked “have you noticed i’m getting fat?” And he said yes.

i know that I need to eat better and I know that I need to increase my activity level. I’m just not sure where i’m going to fit that back in. I’ve worked really hard to put pottery into my daily schedule and i’m Not giving that up, but that has already pushed things around and i don’t know where the remaining flexibility is.

anybody want to join me in making small changes and good decisions with a goal of building on them?

i am going to start really small. One thing I have chosen so far for today is that I will not have wine with dinner or a drink with dh this evening. (I’ve been having one or the other pretty much every Wednesday night lately) I will have water or herbal tea.

CL, I am with you, but I don't drink, so I can't get rid of that.
    I am going to change my breakfast to an Atkins protein shake.

That will be my change for this week, and next week I will add something.

So sick of this problem.

Cl, I'm glad you are not changing your pottery priority. Cutting the wine is a small powerful step. Tybee, small changes a week at a time sounds sensible. Myself, I'm going to join in and NOT have that extra bowl of potato chips at night! It's a creeping up habit and totally fixable. Thanks for the idea CL and Tybee.

I'll join in, both to support you, CL, and to bolster my own efforts. For me, I am going to try and drink more water and go out for walks on my breaks whether it's raining or not.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Yppej
    I am going to work on stretching (recommended by the masseuse my job brings in for free massages). I have started walking indoors on weekends since it's cold out, weekdays I walk when it is seasonable. Overall my activity level is down so my weight keeps trying to creep up. It yoyos within a 5 pound range.

On the diet front I finished up my spices and want to reduce other processed foods in my diet, but am mulling over what to tackle next. I also want to go lower carb and when I finish the onions on the house will switch to chives from my garden until they are buried by snow and then to scallions.

I have been pretty good at resisting sweets at work. I have a friend there also trying to be good and we encourage each other. But I had pie and other carbs for Thanksgiving, pizza for birthdays, and Christmas is next.

Well, today I drank water and tea.

i went up and down stairs a little more just as a function of being at work.

my meals were so-so, dh and I planned some good dinners for the next three days.

my weight varies almost 20 lbs currently it is at the top.

Already had one bottle of water this a.m. That's a major accomplishment for me.

My weight has been at a plateau for about 3 months. I've been a Weight Watcher for about 5 years and have lost about 60 lb. I wonder sometimes if I'll ever make my goal, post menopause. I have about 20 lb. to go.

I was really good at Thanksgiving, but the next day indulged a bit. I try to walk every day at breaktime but the rains discourage me. I do belong to the Y and go a couple times a week and do a weight circuit and stationary bike.

Yppej, how nice you get the occasional free massage. I've noticed by neck and shoulders are much tighter and less flexible than they used to be, probably because I have a desk job on a computer 5 days/wk.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    Already had one bottle of water this a.m. That's a major accomplishment for me.

My weight has been at a plateau for about 3 months. I've been a Weight Watcher for about 5 years and have lost about 60 lb. I wonder sometimes if I'll ever make my goal, post menopause. I have about 20 lb. to go.

I was really good at Thanksgiving, but the next day indulged a bit. I try to walk every day at breaktime but the rains discourage me. I do belong to the Y and go a couple times a week and do a weight circuit and stationary bike.

Yppej, how nice you get the occasional free massage. I've noticed by neck and shoulders are much tighter and less flexible than they used to be, probably because I have a desk job on a computer 5 days/wk.
    I have 20 - 25 lbs to lose with Weight Watchers. Have been stuck for the past two months, but granted, I havent worked the program hard. “Hard” means sticking to daily points with no extras of the weekly points used. Also, 1 hour of exercise a day is doing it hard. That gets the weight off.

let me know what you think of the updated points program. They are rolling it out at meetings next week. I like meetings not online participation.

I put three glasses of water out on our kitchen counter to remind me to drink them. Each is about 22 ounces, so that is a lot of water. I run to the bathroom all the time, but that is fine, I just have to plan for it.

So, today water and a little milk. More stairs.

ate three cookies and a free donut.

Whole grain toast with homemade (low sugar) jam for breakfast, grape jelly and almond butter sandwich for lunch. Nuts and raisins for snack, big salad and small serving of pasta with sauce for dinner. Already packed the leftover salad as tomorrow’s lunch.

Yppej
    I have decided I am going to eat whole beans and stop eating tofu. Not only is it processed, but soy is GMO to make it Roundup ready.

Thread Information