Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Matt Lauer is out now too.........

Innocent until proven guilty. Due process. These things are just forgotten in so many ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    Innocent until proven guilty. Due process. These things are just forgotten in so many ways.
    Matt Lauer isnt being tried in court here you know.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I think the more important point is that people in Minnesota elected him, and people outside of Minnesota should be bloody careful abou tossing out someone's elected official. Let the Northerners sort it out in the next election which I am quite sure he will win, it being three years from now and all will be forgotten.
    I agree whole heartedly with this. Absent criminal charges, it's the employers, those who have hired the miscreant to represent them, who must take action. In the case of elected officials, the employer is the voters. If they feel that it is in their interests to keep said miscreant, it's no one else's business.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    That only applies in criminal cases, that's why President Clinton was impeached for lying under oath, not for his other indiscretions.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    That only applies in criminal cases, that's why President Clinton was impeached for lying under oath, not for his other indiscretions.
    Oh, I know. I know.

Though I will admit that I wish people would take that ethos into other spheres.

Yppej
    I wish it would snowball faster, and that rather than wait for victims to come forward organizations would do anonymous surveys to find out the prevalence of harassment in their workplaces and work to stop it. There would be many examples I could give of hostile workplace environment comments in my current and previous job, and not just by men. Right now I work with some extremely raunchy women. Among other things they had male stripper in the office. But I would never report them without anonymity, because the mean girl mobbing would be horrendous.

ETA It is possible to change a culture. The Air Force was mentioned above. I have two sisters-in-law who served in it, one in the 80's and one from 1995 to the present. They had totally different experiences, from prevalent then to nonexistent now sexual harassment.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I wish it would snowball faster, and that rather than wait for victims to come forward organizations would do anonymous surveys to find out the prevalence of harassment in their workplaces and work to stop it. There would be many examples I could give of hostile workplace environment comments in my current and previous job, and not just by men. Right now I work with some extremely raunchy women. Among other things they had male stripper in the office. But I would never report them without anonymity, because the mean girl mobbing would be horrendous.
    I work with some raunchy women too. Just today I was hanging out in a cubicle with two women colleagues. One is on the verge of getting engaged. The other asked: "Do you have a size limit on your ring?"
    The soon-to-be engaged one said: "No..."
    The other one said: "Because size matters!"

Then they started giggling and they both looked at me and said: "Why didn't you laugh at that?"

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Keep your head down and your nose to the grindstone.

Yppej...... a stripper in the office????? Who let that fly?

Quote Originally Posted by Simplemind View Post
    Yppej...... a stripper in the office????? Who let that fly?
    This round of sexual harrassment charges will not be co plete until women are brought in. Who will it be? Maybe Angelina Jolie, she was rather crazy in her early days. What about Susan Saranden? nah, I guess not.
    I cant help but think that Rosie OdDonnell is a bit of a lech.

We shall see.

Thread Information