Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Dec. Give it a 100,50,30,20...challenge

Having homeschooled teenagers, I am not at all jealous. I loved my kids, but that sounds awful!

finished making the last two pieces for my class, (day 8) dropped them off to be fired, and went Christmas shopping with dh for family and our angel child. Very happy with the angel child gifts - fun LEGO set, and good quality clothes that are neutral enough in style that I can see any of my students in his age range wearing them. The winter coat was on sale, so we only went over the planned budget a little - we made it up by coming in a few dollars under on each of dh nieces and nephews - who don’t actually need anything and can eat their gifts.

Great Cl. You enjoyed the shopping, a real plus! I finished day 55 of 6000 or more steps!

I enjoyed parts of the shopping. Eventually dh looked at me and said “you’re cooked, aren’t you?” And I could just nod. He put his arm through mine and said “hold on.” And I just drifted along behind him occasionally making random comments on things that drew my attention (which is how my son in law is going to end up with a very silly pair of socks.)

You are doing great on the steps!

i mostly did housework yesterday. I replaced all the burned out Christmas tree bulbs and vacuumed and put the skirt (old red bedsheet) around the tree. And I brought the ornaments upstairs. I didn’t do any pottery. Today I will work on pottery, but not in my home studio. I think I will still count that - it will be glazing, but it will be my work, not work related to my job.

I am swamped at work so probably won't be able to get back to writing until around the 20th, but I stopped by here today to cheer the rest of you on. Keep up the good work!

Thanks EJ for stopping by.

So, yesterday was 9 on the pottery - glazed work for class at the big studio. Good company there and it was fun!

wrapped the gifts for the angel child, and bought two things for ddil and one for dh. (Did not enjoy the shopping, but do enjoy giving presents.)

This completely fell apart. The last week of school before break is just too much for anything else! And I was finishing up my class. Note to self: no class in nov/dec.

i give myself day ten for going down to the studio to glaze on Thursday, but I doubt i’ll do any more clay work this year. I’ve been too tired in the evenings to decorate my tree, so it’s still just lights. I fly to see my mom tomorrow (good, except flying terrifies me) and my barn is in dreadful shape - i’m embarrassed to have the sitter come, but she’s coming.

It's a good idea to give ourselves a pass when it is too busy! Progress happens in bits and starts. If I look at what I've done since we started in Sept. I am pleased...I am easily pleased however. Enjoy your visit with your mom.

Yes, this is a crazy time. Let's all ease up on ourselves if we need to. The priority right now is to enjoy the holiday and to give ourselves the space and time to do that.

Yes, enjoying the time when days are the shortest- starting from Dec. 21-31 we gain 4 minutes of daylight!!! I am on day 58 of steps and as an aside I have walked at least at a10 minute steady interval 23 times since Sept. 1. 7 this month so far!!! I went for a check up to see why I am tired- she did lots of blood work and just B12 came out low so I'm taking that. She is very positive about all my healthy habits and encouraging. What made me laugh is she was telling me the medical profession has decided that the blood pressure standards for older people was resulting in too much medication so they are raising the blood pressure markers to 150/90 as OK. While listening to her I thought "Oh isn't that smart for old people" then realized I AM OLD PEOPLE! I guess 69 counts as older...made me laugh.

Thread Information