Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dec. Give it a 100,50,30,20...challenge

Day 6 - another hour, done. (subtotal 7.5).

Well, there was a lot of pottery in my day yesterday, but no actual work in my studio.

I told a coworker friend about my Christmas pledge and that I had realized at 6 a.m. yesterday I wasn’t going to fit it in, and she gave me a candy cane and said “here, when you get home, put this somewhere festive.” But later I deputized dh to pick up our angel tree card, so that was something. Barely.

Day 7- another hour done. (subtotal 8.5) Still not finished.

Day 5, three hours on pottery in the studio.

toral 9 hrs, 40 min.

the Christmas thing is a struggle.

Day 53 of steps! I'm so excited to see everyone's progress. If we weren't doing this challenge, I'm sure I slack off on the steps and I suppose the rest of you feel the same way. CL- I've pared my Christmas prep to about an hour or two, but I have no children. I put bows on the porch rail, a swag on the door, a wreath my sister sends me on the shed. I bring the 3 ft. tree down from the attic, already lit, put a scarf on the bottom and put out a few angels, Santa, elves and call it good. I love that other people do so much outside as it gives me lots of joy!

Yay for steps!

it’s not about “Christmas prep” it’s about taking the time every day to do something that is important to me about the season - that might be decorating/preparations, or it might just be enjoying something - like listening to a favorite piece of holiday music. Yesterday was holiday free though. I even forgot to eat the chocolate from my advent calendar.

This morning I spent 30 minutes in my studio trimming bases on two bowls and stenciling them for carving. (Day 6, 10hrs, 10minutes) then I dropped one because my hands were cold and I was tired and rushing.

tonight I am resting. sitting by the fire with a g&t (spoiling my better eating plan) listening to favorite Christmas music and watching dh put the lights on the tree - which I would enjoy more if I wasn’t so tired, but it’s still nice.

Did Nothing on this project yesterday. I"m sick of it!

Instead, I took advantage of a very pleasant 65 degrees in the afternoon and finished putting up my outside Christmas lights, then changed out the burned out bulbs in the security lights outside. Then I cleaned out the top 2 shelves of the outside storage cabinet. It was mostly all here when I bought the house, I've been here over a year and don't need it, of marginal value > recycle bin!

So, I slept in, then had a long coffe and paper relax this morning, followed by setting up my grandmother’s nativity scene.

most of the rest of the day the day was spent on pottery - around 8 hours? At least 7, I didn’t keep track of meal breaks or other minor interruptions. So my hour goal has been met.

i am now at 7 days for the month.

So I decided I'm giving myself the weekend off. Dogs and I went back to sleep for 1.5 hour this morning- it was 30 degrees! Then I went off to my once a month spiritual group meeting. Ah, soul nourishment! I needed that!

Tomorrow, church in the am, then a Bon Voyage party in the afternoon- dear friends have sold their house, bought a truck and 5th wheel RV, taken teens out of "regular" school- and will be homeschooling on the road for the next year! I will miss them all, and, frankly, I'm a little jealous!

Thread Information