We took a car trip to Las Cruces. i havent been there in 35 years.

the food on this trip was pretty awful. Once we hit Las Ceuces and settled in we found the small, good Mexican restarants and we also had the expensive Sunday brunch at The Double Eagle in Old Mesilla. Mesilla is very cool.

i guess I would say about las Cruces is that it might be nice for retirees from up north to consider. Real estate taxes are low. Real estate itself isnt bad in price.It is a
University town and so there are lots of cultural things going on. Mark Medoff had just directed a little theater play there. That was a nostalgia thing for me because
Medoff came to fame back when I was living there for His play Children of a Lesser God.

This area has such a rich culture and history to delve into, so that would be interesting. It is an old town and as such has old style social institutions such as The Women’s Club and garden clubs and etc.

But visually, it is a bit sad, it has fallen prey to the problem of small cities of a few main roads and chain stores lining those roads. There is one tall building ten stories. The Organ Mountains on the East are nice.

This is a great area if you like hiking and outdoorsy stuff.

This trip confirmed my decision to leave 35 ish years ago. The desert is not for me. Sand everywhere. Ugh.