Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Amazon Prime--yay or nay?

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    we talk about these services in my neighborhood, but isnt there a charge?

I want to wait for Amazon to deop my package into my cAr trunk. Or into my front entryway.
    No--it's just an alternative to home delivery. Amazon emails you when the item is delivered to a locker and you have three days to pick it up.

No Prime here. While I don't buy much of anything anywhere anymore, my last few purchases were free shipping (and sometimes lower price) off of ebay. Ebay seems to be gearing up it's competition with Amazon, as is Walmart.com and several other marketplaces. As for the videos, books, etc., at this point in time, I don't have too much trouble finding free reading material or videos from other sources. I know some folks absolutely love Amazon Prime, but I'm just not there yet.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I bit the bullet and signed up for the 30 day trial. At least I'll get my craft item at less than half the price it's been going for. We'll watch the various TV shows and look at the food prices etc. in the meantime.

Thanks, folks, for your input!

I am in the no category. Amazon opened a warehouse locally (I think just across the state line) and they intentionally hold the packages to slow them down, for those of us who don't have prime. Otherwise I would get packages from them in two days.
    I can still speed $25 free shipping up, by sending it to a business/commercial address. I do this often and have received prime trial offers before. I don't have a kindle and have limited uses of Windows machines to be able to watch Prime for books or shows. I have used Prime once when everyone else was out of a repair part we needed to keep the business open. Without it, Amazon would have been as much for shipping, as for the part.
    Also a relative signed up for prime, so if any of us need something right away, they order it for us and since they are retired, they are home to collect it. I've never used that.

Thread Information