Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Amazon Prime--yay or nay?

Thanks, everyone. At the very least, I think I'll take the 30 day trial membership just so I can get this item on time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Shoot, I did not know that, and I have Kindle on my iPhone. I need to check this out.
    Some of the publishers cleverly will make the first volume or two of a series "free", as a marketing hook to get you to then purchase the latest volumes in the series. Which I'm fine with :-)

Thanks, will definitely look into this!

I would get it for the free video service alone. The free 2 day shipping is a wonderful bonus. Works out to about $8.25 a month, since I pay a year at a time at $99.

And the aforementioned free Kindle books are icing on the cake.
    "There are too many books in the world to read in a single lifetime; you have to draw the line somewhere." --Diane Setterfield, The Thirteenth Tale

I buy everything I can't get at the grocery store from Amazon and a few other on-line providers, saving wear and tear on my car and my joints.

For those beset by porch pirates, I recommend Amazon Locker. You take your package code to a nearby location, enter it, and voila'--it's what's behind door number two. My location is at Safeway.

I have Kindle across several formats, and my favorite by far is Kindle PC. Nice big icons--in color, nice big screen. Collections are easily accessible. I subscribe to Bookbub, and I've amassed an intimidating array of titles, cheap or free. For pricier reads, I queue ebooks at the library.

I tried the 30 day trial, but it wasn’t for me. I order a fair amount of things from Amazon and can usually scrape together an order over $25 that qualifies for free shipping. It takes a few more days, but I can’t think of a time when I could not wait. I watched a few of their exclusive videos, but the selection was pretty lame compared to Netflix. The music benefits were actually decent, but with free tune in radio and Pandora it was no big deal. I couldn’t really find anything of added value.

I have Amazon Prime - most of the time it's great, use the movie and book part as well.

But here's a purchase I was making 12/03 - I'm still trying to figure out how they counted the days here. Apparently with 2 day free shipping I could pay $5.99 more and get my order in 4 days instead of 5.

wtf.jpg

I am not renewing next month - both on principle and because it is not worth it to us. We ordered quite a few things this past year since we were "home-improving". Seems like a lot of the merchandise now comes from Chinese merchants that can't even describe things correctly. As mentioned, the streaming selections are often lame. I am in a very slim camp that thinks amazon is the devil and has taken over our pocketbooks and our minds - a magic genie of stuff and convenience.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    I tried the 30 day trial, but it wasn’t for me. I order a fair amount of things from Amazon and can usually scrape together an order over $25 that qualifies for free shipping. It takes a few more days, but I can’t think of a time when I could not wait. I watched a few of their exclusive videos, but the selection was pretty lame compared to Netflix. The music benefits were actually decent, but with free tune in radio and Pandora it was no big deal. I couldn’t really find anything of added value.
    right, I forgot that there are othher options for free delivery, and during holiday time there are many such offers.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I buy everything I can't get at the grocery store from Amazon and a few other on-line providers, saving wear and tear on my car and my joints.

For those beset by porch pirates, I recommend Amazon Locker. You take your package code to a nearby location, enter it, and voila'--it's what's behind door number two. My location is at Safeway.

I have Kindle across several formats, and my favorite by far is Kindle PC. Nice big icons--in color, nice big screen. Collections are easily accessible. I subscribe to Bookbub, and I've amassed an intimidating array of titles, cheap or free. For pricier reads, I queue ebooks at the library.
    we talk about these services in my neighborhood, but isnt there a charge?

I want to wait for Amazon to deop my package into my cAr trunk. Or into my front entryway.

Thread Information