Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tachycardia

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I don't know, but I'll just throw this out there. If you do need to talk to your manager about this, would it perhaps be good to be prepared to frame it as an ADA accommodation request? Only after making sure your MD is supportive, of course.
    That is what the OP is asking. I think. Hard to know.

With an ADA request, as you know of course, she meeds to make a request for a specific accommodation. That is what the OP is asking here in “figuring out what to ask for.”

And if it comes to a specific ADA accommodation, which I doubt it will, the OP should work woth her HR department first before getting all tangled with with her supervisor. Although,sure, I can see mentionng this accomodatin to her boss so he is not blindsided as in “Hey, my Dr. has made a recomendation for my health and I am talking to HR about it.”

Yppej
    Do you have an employee assistance program (EAP)? Decades ago when under stress I used one and it was helpful.

Zoe.........is your doc a cardiologist?

Thanks all, i will go to dr first, if it keeps up or based on what he says i can go to employee assistance i think, not straight to manager. My doc is a general one, and did the test on my heart a few years ago.

I am sure my mom got me the fit bit with heart rate monitor for Christmas, she wanted something bigger to get, maybe i can open early, meanwhile today i cut caffeine in half, sugar really low, still had one moderate episode (130).

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    Thanks all, i will go to dr first, if it keeps up or based on what he says i can go to employee assistance i think, not straight to manager. My doc is a general one, and did the test on my heart a few years ago.

I am sure my mom got me the fit bit with heart rate monitor for Christmas, she wanted something bigger to get, maybe i can open early, meanwhile today i cut caffeine in half, sugar really low, still had one moderate episode (130).
    I say this as a friend. Please go to the doctor this week.

Edited to add:When you are stressed at work, do you use your rescue inhaler more? Another piece of info that might get overlooked.

I do not want you to have any big heart issues Maybe stop trying to tough this out?

Zoe......a test a few years ago is irrelevant now. I would see a cardiologist now. I know how frightening a sudden fast heart rate can be.

I agree with CathyA. The DR can clip on some awesome electrodes and wires, and diagnose exactly what is going on in your heart.

Maintaining stable blood sugar will go a long way toward reducing heart palpitations. Eat more fat and protein and fewer carbohydrates. Note the first symptom listed below:

Symptoms
    Similar to the way a car needs gas to run, your body and brain need a constant supply of sugar (glucose) to function properly. If glucose levels become too low, as occurs with hypoglycemia, it can cause these signs and symptoms:

Heart palpitations
    Fatigue
    Pale skin
    Shakiness
    Anxiety
    Sweating
    Hunger
    Irritability
    Tingling sensation around the mouth
    Crying out during sleep
    As hypoglycemia worsens, signs and symptoms may include:

Confusion, abnormal behavior or both, such as the inability to complete routine tasks
    Visual disturbances, such as blurred vision
    Seizures
    Loss of consciousness
    People with severe hypoglycemia may appear as if they're intoxicated. They may slur their words and move clumsily.

Many conditions other than hypoglycemia may cause these signs and symptoms. A blood sample to test your blood sugar level at the time of these signs and symptoms is how to know for sure that hypoglycemia is the cause. (
    Excerpted from MayoClinic.org)

Also, make sure your electrolytes (magnesium, potassium, sodium, etc.) are being replenished regularly.

I seriously doubt you have heart problems, but I understand your need to set your mind at ease. I don't understand bringing it up with management until or unless you have a meaningful diagnosis.

I seriously doubt you have heart problems, but I understand your need to set your mind at ease.

No one in my family had heart trouble and never in a million years did I think I did. The cardio doctor said that some people develop it and they really don't know why. They immediately hospitalized me for 24 hours for a ton of tests. He said I was so lucky I had not had a stroke. Start with a cardiologist and don't fool around with this. Hopefully, it is nothing but better safe then sorry.

An echo stress test would be useful.

Thread Information