What a crappy couple of days with this! I have a benign tachycardia, meaning that sometimes my heart rate jumps up very high and I have to give it time and do this little vagus nerve trick to bring it back down. My DR checked my heart, there is nothing really wrong, I am not having a heart attack or damage because of this. Stress and caffeine level do affect it. The stress of the last couple days contributed to 4 episodes in 2 days, really hard. I have to sit down, breath, tell the people around me (because they can really notice) an just wait it out. I was super unhappy that my job stress caused so many episodes.

So now what to do, I was going to contact my DR however we know nothing is wrong. I would love to tell a supervisor at work so that I can ask for support in reducing my stress level, however he is the primary contributor to my stress level. I am afraid he will just come around more and it will get worse. I just had camp at my site cancelled for December but I am expected to go to another site and supervise. I am going to make sure the staffing is enough to cover and I don't need to overdo the hours. I would rather be at my site with my staff I can count on, however I have several times been at my site 12 hours for camp (and had episodes every one of those days as well).

So any advice on working with my job part? I can't quite figure out what to ask for.