Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39

Thread: Who was the lady dealing with a brain tumor?

  1. #1
    Senior Member CathyA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8,555

    Who was the lady dealing with a brain tumor?

    I can't remember her name. I was thinking about her the other day. I don't think she posts here now, but maybe she does.
    Just curious how she is doing.

    Anyone remember her name?

  2. #2
    Senior Member herbgeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    1,894
    WJSimon? I thought someone had posted here that she had died.

  3. #3
    Senior Member CathyA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8,555
    I fear you are right herbgeek. It looks like her last post was in 2011. Gosh, that was a long time ago. Her last post sounded upbeat and she said her chemo was going well this time. Hmmm
    I think there was another woman on here who died. I can't remember her name either. She had a bad time living with her fairly lazy husband and son and finally moved out and things were looking up for her, but then she got ill and died. Can anyone remember her name?
    Now I'm sad.

  4. #4
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    12,787
    Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    I fear you are right herbgeek. It looks like her last post was in 2011. Gosh, that was a long time ago. Her last post sounded upbeat and she said her chemo was going well this time. Hmmm
    I think there was another woman on here who died. I can't remember her name either. She had a bad time living with her fairly lazy husband and son and finally moved out and things were looking up for her, but then she got ill and died. Can anyone remember her name?
    Now I'm sad.
    Thatwas Nan. she had more to her name but I cant remember it. She was in your state.

    edited to add: her name was HoosierNan.

    Reaching Waaaaaay back, who remembers NoTvCal? She was from California and died young, suddenly, maybe from a brain aneuresm? I think she was in ner 30’s. Her sister came on the simple living network to tell us of her death.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 12-8-17 at 4:22pm.

  5. #5
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    12,787
    Quote Originally Posted by herbgeek View Post
    WJSimon? I thought someone had posted here that she had died.
    SHe did die. At one time I knew her real name, but have since forgotten it.

  6. #6
    Senior Member CathyA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8,555
    Yes.....HoosierNan. Oh man. Life can be beautiful, then sad.

  7. #7
    Senior Member lhamo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Beijing, China
    Posts
    1,585
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    SHe did die. At one time I knew her real name, but have since forgotten it.
    I always wondered what happened to her daughter. I believe she had asked friends to be guardians. I hope things turned out ok for her. I believe she would be high school or college age now.
    "Seek out habits that help you overcome fear or inertia. Destroy those that do the opposite." Seth Godin

  8. #8
    Senior Member razz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,869
    It is amazing to me how time and years fly by. I just realized that when Lhamo talked about WJSimon's daughter being college age, I have been on this simple living website under the different incarnations for almost 15 years. Others, here, have been longer. How long have you been part of this?
    Gandhi: Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony .

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    It is amazing to me how time and years fly by. I just realized that when Lhamo talked about WJSimon's daughter being college age, I have been on this simple living website under the different incarnations for almost 15 years. Others, here, have been longer. How long have you been part of this?
    I have been coming to these forums for 18 years. Changed my name when the old forums shut down but not my simple living attitude.

  10. #10
    Senior Member bae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Offshore
    Posts
    7,158
    Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Others, here, have been longer. How long have you been part of this?
    Since 1999 I think, when I read YMOYL while on vacation, oddly enough on this very island, and decided after reading it to just stay here.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •