Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: intuition

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post

One thing i learned about being really aware and sensitive is that noticing things about people is something to keep to yourself! Sometimes they don't know something about themselves and then they get creeped out by you. My one staff who was really abused notices everything, abuse survivors often do, they depended on reading people to survive. ...
    I think that's why women are more attuned to the people around them, because they've historically been prey.

My Mom had great intuition and said that if you ignore it you will be sorry. The older I get the more I am in tune with it. My sister was supposed to go with a group of girls to visit a couple of college campuses at the age of 20 and at the last minute had a bad feeling and decided not to go. They were all killed in a car accident.

I wish I had developed my instincts sooner. I started out relying on logic, which only gets you so far--sometimes far, far afield.
    And woe to you if you don't listen to your instincts, as Teacher Terry's cautionary tale illustrates.

You all amaze me. I think about facts and act like Spock.

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    You don't have to disregard facts to tap into your instincts.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    You don't have to disregard facts to tap into your instincts.
    Absolutely right.

What shakes my confidence in my intuition at times is feeling danger, when there ends up not being any. I suppose our intuitions can be different from each other's. I make tons of connections, which ends up having an input into some of my intuitions.
    I think I drive DH crazy, 'cause he has no intuitions. haha
    It's hard having a brain.

Now I am super aware of all the places my intuition does not work, sigh. It seems to be broken when it comes to keeping my mouth shut at work or doing the right thing to get ahead. However I can shop like a pro and once followed a homeless guy into a park to get my work flip-phone back safely.

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    Some of it seems magical, however another part is not so different than Spock. I had a supervisor a couple years ago and I was irritated with her so I started tracking her during meetings. It was a way to not show irritation on my face the whole time, LOL. I noticed things like when her voice got higher, she spoke faster and louder. It was subtle but I realized anytime she talked about holding our staff accountable she got really excited. She was not so excited about other things, like her role. I think she liked our staff but this was unconscious as she spoke. I think Spock would have noticed that.

That higher faster voice is a measurable data set. Not an intuition. 😄

Intuition is the inner sense that allows you to accurately predict twelve of the next five outcomes.

Thread Information