Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: intuition

intuition

I was going to say what I think most people think of intuition, and I honestly don't know what they do. I don't talk about it much, but it has been so strong in my life. I am not sure how other people get through things without this, but I also know to rarely talk about it.

Yesterday I left after having coffee with my sister. I had a strong intuition to stop at a specific Ross store. I have been looking for dark blue pants to go with a jacket I have. I am thinking about all the elements of a new job, how I might dress in specific. I stopped and found them in the chaos that is a Ross store. Perfect for my middle aged belly that doesn't do tight things, perfect navy blue, and perfect size (petite in fact). The only time I doubted my intuition was the 35 minute check out line, no joke!

I can look around my house or in my closet and see what my intuition has led me to, half my wardrobe is from getting an urge to stop at a specific store at a specific time out of the blue. The biggest item was a car. I got a 8 passenger van when my kids were growing up, enough to take daycare kids with me, and not a mini-van (I hate those, this was on a truck chassis and not a car one). I just drove up, found it, went through the whole process. My ex was okay in general with my intuition, he just had to check out the car of course.

Maybe this happens to everyone? don't know

Most of us don't work that particular muscle enough; it's my estimation that people who do are often hugely successful.
    I've learned to trust my instincts in general.

I live by intuition, but many times on this site, it's put down, like it doesn't have any intelligence to it. I think a lot of people don't have it and can't appreciate how enlightening it can be. (of course, it can be a burden too).

Thanks Cathy, and I know it doesn't make sense to people. Kinda sucks sometimes, like i live in this world with a little bit of magic and i am sad that i can't share it

I usually told I am "lucky".

Mine just seems to come up for good shopping, although when I do not follow it then I find myself stuck in traffic or missing something important. So it is more of an avoidance of harm, but I don't think anyone notices except me.

I have the feeling you're always thinking and planning, even if fairly unconsciously. And you probably notice more than most people. My mind just doesn't stop. I'm thinking all the time as to what I need, where to go at what time of day, etc.
    It's difficult being around people who don't think this way. They seem to waste so much time and effort..........but they don't know it, so it doesn't bother them. haha

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Most of us don't work that particular muscle enough; it's my estimation that people who do are often hugely successful.
    . . .
    Interesting because I attended a lunchtime lecture on intuition. The recommendation was to exercise that part of your brain every day. Even something as simple as, if you were setting up for a get-together and you want to know how many chairs you'll need, then focus on that until you come up with a number. A pretty vanilla example, I know, but as we get more and more attuned to our inner thoughts then more things become "intuitive."

Side note: everyone in attendance at this lecture/workshop was female. The instructor said that when she teaches it to a business/mostly male audience, she retitles it as "Listening to Your Gut" and it goes over very well.

I was reading about highly sensitive people again, it explained the thing that is really affecting me now. I get so much sensory input all the time,ALL the time, smells, sight, hearing, and all of it has associations tied to it all day long. Monday morning transitioning from my quiet weekend to work is rough. I try to do supportive things but my work load and stress has just been too much to make a dent lately. But i know what it is and i know it is valuable, and i know that supportive things make it much better so it is okay.

One thing i learned about being really aware and sensitive is that noticing things about people is something to keep to yourself! Sometimes they don't know something about themselves and then they get creeped out by you. My one staff who was really abused notices everything, abuse survivors often do, they depended on reading people to survive.

The sensitivity is part of intuition, but not all of it. There is still the woo woo part that i can't explain and kinda don't want to.

I know what you mean Zoe Girl. I'm hypersensitive about everything.........reading people, making connections, feeling EVERYTHING too much.....including pain and sadness.
    Did you ever watch the TV series "The Mentalist"? He didn't have ESP........was just very perceptive. It can be a wonderful thing, and a curse at the same time.
    Sometimes I feel like a blind person might feel......when all their other senses kick in, to help them get through the days. I seem to operate on a different "plane" than a lot of people.
    I think I have a learning disability and wonder if this is part of it, or if I learned to "read" things in a different way, to get around other "deficiencies" I have.?

Thread Information