Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: intuition

Oh I have it and pay attention to it. I get very clear signals about people. I've told my husband about people and he dismissed it. Sure enough we'll later hear they had an affair, or got in tax trouble, or messed up in some big way. I also get dreams that get stuck on replay until I experience it in reality. Could be about a new road I'll travel or someone I haven't met yet. I also keep a list of things I'm looking for and am amazed at how often I'll find it less expensive thru resale, yard sale, or be given it.
    Last edited by Float On; 12-14-17 at 1:15pm.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    That higher faster voice is a measurable data set. Not an intuition. 
    I agree but i alo see a range of what other people think i do that falls under this category. At least the scientific types want to explain it all that way, i struggle with trying to fit it into that box but it doesnt all fit i think.

Every day, scientists discover what was previously unknown. Every year, new "truths" are unearthed and old ones are put to rest. The constant churn of discovery, invention, and an accumulation of facts which build on established foundations is what makes science. I think we only see the tip of the iceberg.

When scientists get too full of themselves, I consider phrenology and the destruction of Dr. Semmelweis at the hands of his peers, and I trust the truth will out.

I'm very intuitive but for years didn't know there was a word for it. I grew up in a chaotic/abusive household. I do believe that is where the skill is honed because your antenna is up all the time. I waved the thoughts away for years because when I voiced them I was belittled and told I was being emotional or over dramatic. I have never been wrong when getting a negative vibe. A few times I waved it away with huge regret. I can be repelled by certain people and can't put my finger on it but know enough to steer clear. It was a joke at work that I couldn't be lied to and I do pick up deception like they were waving a sign. I do think a lot of it has to do with observation. I can't explain it but my brain subconsciously picks up patterns in everything- people, places, things.... when a pattern changes even slightly it grabs my attention. I'm also insatiably curious about which probably comes from wanting to make sense of what doesn't make sense.

Very cool simple, i think abuse can wireus that way. I wasn't abused however my dadis very quiet so i got used to a very quiet world.

Guess right three out of five times, and you're intuitive.

Guess right three out of five times and ignore the two wrong guesses, and you're psychic.

Quote Originally Posted by Simplemind View Post
    I'm very intuitive but for years didn't know there was a word for it. I grew up in a chaotic/abusive household. I do believe that is where the skill is honed because your antenna is up all the time. I waved the thoughts away for years because when I voiced them I was belittled and told I was being emotional or over dramatic. I have never been wrong when getting a negative vibe. A few times I waved it away with huge regret. I can be repelled by certain people and can't put my finger on it but know enough to steer clear. It was a joke at work that I couldn't be lied to and I do pick up deception like they were waving a sign. I do think a lot of it has to do with observation. I can't explain it but my brain subconsciously picks up patterns in everything- people, places, things.... when a pattern changes even slightly it grabs my attention. I'm also insatiably curious about which probably comes from wanting to make sense of what doesn't make sense.
    Sounds right Simplemind. I was from an abusive home too. I've heard that when you're around danger when you're young, your brain becomes hypervigilant. It's exhausting. But who knows......maybe I drove my parents nuts with a personality I was born with and they just didn't have the maturity they needed to deal with it in a healthy way. I noticed everything as a child too. It can really wear you out. Yes.......about trying to make sense of something that didn't make sense. When you're a child you can't think in terms of "Dad has a personality disorder", but rather "Dad is telling me I'm worthless and stupid".......and you're trying to understand why? The brain is a very curious and amazing thing. People can rise above a lot of things that happen to them, but what happens in childhood seems to rewire our brains and makes things harder later.

I had a great childhood but probably tuned into my intuition because my Mom did.

A regular childhood growing up on a farm miles from other children. I had a vivid imagination, pretend friends and did have a little Indian grandmother that had a saying for everything and paid attention to everything because everything meant something. I became an observer.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

As mentioned, we are discovering all sorts of interesting things about how our brains work. Maybe intuition is another type of cognition more developed in some than others partially due to the environment in which we are raised. I am reading a book now about researchers discovering how crucial the built environment (our houses, buildings, cities) are to our personality, outlook, cognition, etc. which is something I always wondered about.

Thread Information