Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Renewed Driver's License Onlin........

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Personally i'm very glad that i can do it online. Even with an appointment our dmv is a half day time suck. I suppose the vision thing could be concerning.
    Don't get me wrong, I was really happy that I could do it online. It just made me wonder about a few things…

Yppej
    I am the person you are all worried about.

Doctors always think I have glaucoma. Actually it's that large eye nerves run in my family. Tests showed my eyes are normal, same with my aunt and cousin who were scared by eye doctors into testing.

But in the back of my mind was, what if I really do have glaucoma? Because to try to get more procedures/payment the doctor said my eyes really need to be measured every year because although they are normal now they could go bad.

I have to drive to get to work, and I have to work at least 18 more years. So I renewed online. But I didn't bite on annual glaucoma tests.

I think you should have those annual tests, at least for a couple years, to see if your optic disc is enlarging.

Yppej
    If I did everything I was told I should do I would be broke. Within the past 24 hours just on this forum between the out of pocket costs for the eye exams you say I should have and the smoke and carbon dioxide detectors Bae says I should have you all would have run up more than I take home in a day.

And Suze Orman and all the other financial advisors say I should have many multiples of what I have saved for retirement. Catchup contributions would take all my take home pay and then some.

Should, should, should. I try to avoid using that word. I don't like it.

Here in Arizona you can get a drivers license in your 20s and you're set until you turn 65. No renewals. 😄

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I am the person you are all worried about.

Doctors always think I have glaucoma. Actually it's that large eye nerves run in my family. Tests showed my eyes are normal, same with my aunt and cousin who were scared by eye doctors into testing.

But in the back of my mind was, what if I really do have glaucoma? Because to try to get more procedures/payment the doctor said my eyes really need to be measured every year because although they are normal now they could go bad.

I have to drive to get to work, and I have to work at least 18 more years. So I renewed online. But I didn't bite on annual glaucoma tests.
    My mother had glaucoma, so when the eye doc said this year, for the dirst time, he wanted to test for it based on indications he was seeing, I said ok. I will go back annually as long as it is recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    Here in Arizona you can get a drivers license in your 20s and you're set until you turn 65. No renewals. ��
    While that's awesome I do see an issue for people who got their license before the "Real ID Act" was passed by the federal government after 9/11. Those people won't be able to get on an airplane unless they have a passport, passport card, or update their driver's license to a new Real ID compliant one.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    My mother had glaucoma, so when the eye doc said this year, for the dirst time, he wanted to test for it based on indications he was seeing, I said ok. I will go back annually as long as it is recommended.
    I thought the eye doc tested for glaucoma every visit by either poking at the eye or blowing a gust of air at it and somehow measuring the pressure.

Thinking about temporary license plates, we don't have them here.* When I inherited my father's car a few years ago there was an issue with transferring the title that took about 6 weeks to resolve. During that time I drove with no plates on the car. It was, though, provisionally registered so if a cop stopped me they could have checked the VIN in the system. Not that that happened since driving without plates is not a totally abnormal thing here. A quirky side benefit was that the golden gate bridge does either EZ Pass tolling or license plate tolling. I probably crossed that bridge 3 or 4 times during my no-plate period and wasn't charged. I felt like I was really sticking it to the man in my own small insignificant way, $6 at a time...

* At least we didn't until recently. I read somewhere a while back that this has changed. And used cars wouldn't need a paper tag since the license plate stays with the car when you sell it. But someone bringing a car in from out of state that has a titling issue to resolve would still have to drive without plates for a little while.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I thought the eye doc tested for glaucoma every visit by either poking at the eye or blowing a gust of air at it and somehow measuring the pressure.
    That is just some kind of preliminary test. The second set of tests
    I took were ones I had never had before. They were considered medical tests and some health insurance policies would pay for them.

Thread Information