Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quoth the Voters, Never Moore

Quoth the Voters, Never Moore

I see Roy Moore has gone down in defeat, although he refuses to concede until the absentee ballots from the cherubim and seraphim are counted. I understand he also refuses to accept the results of the Civil War.

Overall, I would say that was the optimal outcome for both the country at large and the GOP. Kicked off a high court twice for winging it on the legal stuff. Apparently something of an advocate for the joys of slavery. More accusations of sexual predation than the combined management and on-air personalities of Public Broadcasting. If you wrote a villain like that into a TV script, people would laugh at you.

Mitch McConnell must be breathing a sigh of relief.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Mitch McConnell must be breathing a sigh of relief.
    Maybe, but then again, maybe not.

I've thought these past several weeks that Mitch and crew hoped for a Moore victory so that they could then proceed with plans to oust him from the Senate, thereby showing the appropriate moral fortitude while maintaining control of the seat by having Alabama's governor re-appoint Luther Strange.

I think that's how Tom Clancy would have written it.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I’m with Alan. Not on the Tom Clancy part, as I don’t read his books and wouldn’t know. But I would like to believe that the vote wouldn’t have been so close if there weren’t a lot of republicans who believed that the senate would do the right thing but they would get to keep the seat.

because if you are a republican, right now you probably trust the senate.

also, I believe many replubicans are basically good people. I have several republican friends. (i’m not sure what “fellowshipping” is, so i’ll get back to you on that.)

I miss Tom Clancy. Sometimes I even miss the Cold War.

I was surprised at how many actually voted for Moore. Alabama must have some vastly different demographics from my realm of reality.

I suspect there are plots within plots these days (if they haven't always existed). I haven't read Clancy, but can imagine Mitch had his spin prepared and the Dems had their spin on Mitch's spin. My simple cold war comparison would be a non-violent Mad Magazine's spy vs. spy

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Maybe, but then again, maybe not.

I've thought these past several weeks that Mitch and crew hoped for a Moore victory so that they could then proceed with plans to oust him from the Senate, thereby showing the appropriate moral fortitude while maintaining control of the seat by having Alabama's governor re-appoint Luther Strange.

I think that's how Tom Clancy would have written it.
    That is how the Dems did it with Franken.

Williamsmith
    Roy Moore is a vapid caricature of a politician with an abysmal record as a human being. His defeat won’t be mourned by Republicans. As my dad would have said, “He don’t have the brains enough to come in out of the rain.” When he whipped out that shiny revolver to prove his undying love for the 2nd amendment, it showed how truly screwy his notion of politics is. Around here, if you carry a firearm concealed, you are welcome to visit a gun store but you better damn well keep it concealed or someone might make you into Swiss cheese for brandishing it unnecessarily. He can ride off into the sunset with his cowboy hat and I’ll be the first one to kick his horse in its ass. Steve Bannon included.

Very clever thread title, LDAHL.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    That is how the Dems did it with Franken.
    Franken is an interesting case. His party abandoned him in order to take the moral high ground, and he's showing resistance. His promise to resign at a date to be named later tells me that he's unwilling to go quietly and hoping to find a way to portray himself as a sacrificial lamb while accusations against others are treated differently. If it just weren't for that damn photo.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Franken is an interesting case. His party abandoned him in order to take the moral high ground, and he's showing resistance. His promise to resign at a date to be named later tells me that he's unwilling to go quietly and hoping to find a way to portray himself as a sacrificial lamb while accusations against others are treated differently. If it just weren't for that damn photo.
    Deny, deny, deny.......unless you have a photo. You do? Dang!

Thread Information