Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tile fix-- so happy!

Tile fix-- so happy!

Last summer we had to replace the plumbing behind the tub, the shower diverter. No way to get to it without breaking the tile to fix. We have been putting off fixing the tile since could not find any matching, have bought multiple boxes of unmatching and trying to figure out how to do it, dread of tiling in general, etc, so have made do with really unattractive plastic in front of faucet piping, like a museum exhibit of home plumbing pipes.

then it occurred to me--why not put one of those tin ceiling tiles on top of where it is broken, thus keeping access in future to plumbing by a simple remove.
    Then, when we went to look for the ceiling tile, found a new product intended for kitchen backsplashes, which is waterproof and very easy to work with--bought one tile for 20 dollars, and husband fixed it in about two hours:

Attached Images Attached Images

Looks really nice.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Thanks for posting this. Can you please tell me the name of it so that I can check to see if it is available in Canada? I want a backsplash for pedestal sink and around my stove but to date have not found what I wanted. I didn't want tile so have used paint to date. It has worked out not too badly.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Thanks for posting this. Can you please tell me the name of it so that I can check to see if it is available in Canada? I want a backsplash for pedestal sink and around my stove but to date have not found what I wanted. I didn't want tile so have used paint to date. It has worked out not too badly.
    Thanks, Float!
    Razz, it is called Fasade and is available mail order. It is a light vinyl, polycarbonate resin, not metal, so if you are a purist, you might not like it. But light and easy to work with.

https://www.menards.com/main/kitchen...3281655&ipos=2

That is very handsome.

Thanks, Tybee. I can find it at Lowes.ca so will check out the colour choices and the finishing kits. The reviews were positive about the product as well.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I've actually been trying to decide if I want to pick up a piece of it in antique silver finish (around here Lowe's, Home Depo, Menards all carry it). I wanted to cut it and use it around an old kitchen table I have. The table had extensions that would fold up similar to this $_35.jpg. The fold up parts aren't there but the scars are and I thought old tin might be an easy quirky fix on the lower edges...but old tin is more $$ than I probably spent on the table.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

That is really beautiful! I never saw if you were moving or not in your other thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    That is really beautiful! I never saw if you were moving or not in your other thread.
    No move yet, Terry, although the possibility is spurring me to fix up this place.

Float, I like your table idea--but feel it in person and see if you would like that surface on the table.

Smooth! Very elegant solution to your problem!
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Thread Information