Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CDC forbidden words

CDC forbidden words

I had fun with this, just posted on facebook and used every word to describe my cooking this weekend to prepare for a busy week. Ahh the satisfaction,

If it wasn't for sarcasm I would have lost my mind long before now.

I just read about this foolishness. Pretty soon, if this story is true, the White House will be telling each citizen what to think. Putin must be roaring with laughter at the success of his manipulation. How foolish does the White House believe the general public really is? Really?
    I know that for the next election, Putin will be researching which party will be more readily manipulated depending who is standing for election. Maybe Canadian data mining companies will be helping him based on history to date.

This CBC http://www.cbc.ca/news/thenational/t...ault-1.4450124 article talks about the impact of data mining on political decisions. Trump used a Canadian company as well.

Quotes:
    "Data-mining and micro-targeted ads were a big part of the "Leave" campaign's Brexit success, as well as Donald Trump's 2016 presidential victory.

Now questions are being raised about the hired-gun companies who put politics on your Facebook feed.

The Globe and Mail reports that Privacy watchdogs in the U.K. and British Columbia have launched investigations into how a small Canadian firm — AggregateIQ —​ used the personal information of voters to help sway their choices in the 2016 EU referendum...
    AggregateIQ, which has just 20 employees, operates from a modest second-floor office above an optician in downtown Victoria. But it reportedly played a significant role in promoting the official Leave campaign and was handsomely rewarded for its work.

Last February, the Daily Telegraph calculated that Aggregate had been paid almost $6 million by the Vote Leave campaign, more than 40 per cent of its budget, and 10 per cent of the total spent by all groups in the referendum battle.

No other company or individual received more funds, according to the U.K. Electoral Commission...
    "We are concerned about invisible processing —​ the 'behind the scenes' algorithms, analysis, data matching, profiling that involves people's personal information," she wrote. "When the purpose for using these techniques is related to the democratic process, the case for a high standard of transparency is very strong."

Apparently, she is not alone.

The Wall St. Journal is reporting that special counsel Robert Mueller is probing the connections between another data-mining firm —​ Cambridge Analytica —​ and Donald Trump.

He has asked that the firm hand over emails from all employees who worked on the 2016 U.S. campaign for the Republicans.

The U.S.-based company was founded by Robert Mercer, a well-known supporter of right-wing causes and co-owner of Breitbart News. The data company also provided help to another pro-Brexit group —​ Leave.EU —​ during the referendum campaign.

The advice and support came at no cost, however, as Mercer is a close friend of prominent-Leaver Nigel Farage."
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I heard it on the news. Just insane.......like so many other things going on with the Trump administration. How long can we tolerate such craziness?

I just keep thinking that we have really big issues to spend time on, and we are spending time on the word embryo in documents regarding health. Maybe clean water in Flint or power in Puerto Rico. Nope,

So the agency that promotes health guidelines based on scientific evidence isn't supposed to use the phrases "science -based" or "evidence-based." Is this for real?? Come on, 2018 and 2020 elections!

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    I heard it on the news. Just insane.......like so many other things going on with the Trump administration. How long can we tolerate such craziness?
    As long as it takes to become great again.

I think williamsmith has the timing about right. We will have to tolerate this for as long as that sad turd is president.

I have to admit, I can hardly stand to look at the man. Several times, I've come close to smashing my fist into the TV. What a disgusting........."turd" to quote jp1. (And that's not being fair to feces).

This ban is beyond ludicrous. I feel like I'm living in the Twilight Zone. So you can talk about grabbing p***y and you can say all 7 words that George Carlin in the 70s said you couldn't but you can't say "science-based" or "evidence-based"? If this doesn't make us the laughing stock of the world, I don't know what will.

I wish George Carlin were alive so I could here his take on the update on the "7 dirty words"
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    This ban is beyond ludicrous. I feel like I'm living in the Twilight Zone. So you can talk about grabbing p***y and you can say all 7 words that George Carlin in the 70s said you couldn't but you can't say "science-based" or "evidence-based"? If this doesn't make us the laughing stock of the world, I don't know what will.

I wish George Carlin were alive so I could here his take on the update on the "7 dirty words"
    I'm waiting to hear them ban the FBI from saying the words "meddling", "obstruction", "collusion" and "Russia".

Thread Information