Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elf

Elf

My colleagues found out I had never seen Elf, the Will Ferrall movie about Buddy, an human elf.

Anyway, giving in to their pressure I watched it.

I can say it was silly, though not especially funny. It was indeed watchable, but not compelling.

If you want to watch a holiday movie, I would suggest you choose one other than Elf.

I don't think I would enjoy Elf, so thanks for taking one for the team, UA!
    A few years ago I mentioned that I had never seen A Christmas Story. A co-worker told me it was her all-time favorite, and she loaned me the DVD. I really did enjoy it, although I didn't love it quite as much as she did. I think I would recommend that one if someone wanted to watch a holiday movie.

The Grinch- cartoon original is still my favorite!

I've seen Elf several times. It's the movie they play every year at an outdoor party in the park for the kids and Santa shows up too. The grandkids skipped it this year and I didn't argue. 😄

I like the Will Ferrell version of ‘Elf’ but I also like ‘Ernest Saves Christmas’ and watch ‘Christmas Vacation’ throughout the year. My opinion/taste may be questionable, however, because I don’t like the holiday classic ‘It’s a Wonderful Life’ that many people think is, well…..wonderful.

I do like the Grinch, and the voice of Boris Karloff probably has a lot to do with that. I just love Boris.

A few years ago I challenged myself to watch every single Christmas Movie available on Netflix. Worst Christmas season of my life. There are so many bad Christmas movies.
    Krampus is my current favorite Christmas movie. That ending!
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    A few years ago I challenged myself to watch every single Christmas Movie available on Netflix. Worst Christmas season of my life. There are so many bad Christmas movies. Krampus is my current favorite Christmas movie. That ending!
    My sentiments exactly. I downloaded a couple of Krampus books to my Kindle. I should take a chance on the movie. I've tried to watch It's a Wonderful Life, and failed. Miracle on 34th street was OK.

I had not watched Its a Wonderful Life u til I was well into adult hood. I DID like it very much, kinda surprised by that. But I wont be watching it again.

Still havent see A Christmas Story.

[QUOTE=JaneV2.0;286192 I downloaded a couple of Krampus books to my Kindle.[/QUOTE]

Seriously...didn't know there were books! Will now have to see if my son has any. He introduced me to the movie last year.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Thread Information