Thread: 2017 - 99 reasons that it was a good year

2017 - 99 reasons that it was a good year

We share a variety of points through out the year but, maybe, the bad more often than the good so I thought I would help end the year with some good news by sharing this list of 99 reasons it was a positive year for many.
    https://medium.com/future-crunch/99-...r-d119d0c32d19
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

What a hopeful list! Thank you for posting. When you see nothing but bad click-bait news, and news that's completely polarizing and relentlessly focused on one or two issues, this is a breath of fresh air. Reason for hope.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    What a hopeful list! Thank you for posting. When you see nothing but bad click-bait news, and news that's completely polarizing and relentlessly focused on one or two issues, this is a breath of fresh air. Reason for hope.
    see Catherine.....all that good news about the environment!

The economy is growing. The stock market is booming. ISIS isn’t even in the news anymore. Crime is down. The coal industry is taking it on the chin. Once threatened species are now off the list. More wildlife refuges and national parks and planting of huge numbers of trees for reforestation. Lots of countries and companies committed to alternative energy. I’m not sure I can handle all this good news at once. And Trump is still President.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    see Catherine.....all that good news about the environment!

The economy is growing. The stock market is booming. ISIS isn’t even in the news anymore. Crime is down. The coal industry is taking it on the chin. Once threatened species are now off the list. More wildlife refuges and national parks and planting of huge numbers of trees for reforestation. Lots of countries and companies committed to alternative energy. I’m not sure I can handle all this good news at once. And Trump is still President.
    I know! Thank God for all those people who cared enough to make it happen!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thanks much, razz, I've now shared that link with others.

We all need to remember that these wonderful results are the consequence of decisions and efforts made over a number of years by a host of dedicated individuals around the world and now coming to fruition. Not sure that all the posts responding so far recognize this and acknowledge it.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Williamsmith
    razz.......have I ever told you how much I love the people of Ontario, Canada? I’m sorry for pooing on your post.

Thread Information