Thread: I love the smell of snow.

I love the smell of snow.

Today I went sledding with two of my grand-children, and a couple days ago I went cross-country skiing solo. (Real skiers ski uphill... wink.)

I truly love the smell of snow. Maybe it is best in cedar trees, but I remember being intoxicated by it in big bluestem grass as well.

I think of all you people, and I do wish you joy and peace. Let it snow.
    Last edited by dado potato; 12-18-17 at 8:16pm.

Quote Originally Posted by dado potato View Post
    Today I went sledding with two of my grand-children, and a couple days ago I went cross-country skiing solo. (Real skiers ski uphill... wink.)

I truly love the smell of snow. Maybe it is best in cedar trees, but I remember being intoxicated by it in tall bluestem grass as well.

I think of all you people, and I do wish you joy and peace. Let it snow.
    Thank you!

Yes, snow is a beautiful thing. I take my dog out, and she is the happiest being alive! We usually walk through the wooded park adjacent to my home.. and I wonder why other people here in this suburban neighborhood don't do the same..https://silententry.wordpress.com/20...s-in-the-snow/
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Williamsmith
    The smell of snow I remember as a child was of rotten eggs and obnoxious odors emitted from the nearby steel mill soaked up by the snow immediately as it accumulated. I really never knew snow could have a beautiful blue pristine condition until I moved to the north woods.

Happy Holidays.

I moved to Colorado hoping to know snow. There has been practically none this year. Ironically, it is predicted to snow for the second time in Central TX where we used to live.

Ah, yes. Something I’ve enjoyed, but never tried to describe. Combined with the sound of fresh snow underfoot on a quiet morning (or under skies), it is a unique sensory experience. Thanks.

Happy Holidays!

We love walking in the woods in the snow. We've been there at the beginning of a major blizzard and it was a really special experience.

Thread Information