Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Republican Love Fest After the Tax Bill was passed.......

The Republican Love Fest After the Tax Bill was passed.......

Anyone see that on the news? It was actually embarrassing. And some even said "He's a great leader". Huh? Who are they talking about??

Such a great leader that he admitted that it was mainly about the corporate tax cut and not middle class tax cuts. While obvious to anyone with a brain it's kind of sad that he's too stupid to stick with the approved lies...errr, talking points.

I think this is a great thing for the Republicans, and the country at large. This legislation will enable probably 75-80% of the country to take home more money next year, which is a good thing. The funny thing is that the Democrats will spend that year telling voters if they just vote for them in November, they'll be happy to take all that extra money back.

I say good luck to them, and would someone please pass the popcorn.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I think this is a great thing for the Republicans, and the country at large. This legislation will enable probably 75-80% of the country to take home more money next year, which is a good thing. The funny thing is that the Democrats will spend that year telling voters if they just vote for them in November, they'll be happy to take all that extra money back.

I say good luck to them, and would someone please pass the popcorn.
    Alan, would like butter and salt on that?

I havent spoken to anyone here in Penns Woods that is going to refuse their tax break even though you can voluntarily give more money to the government anytime you please. I think the person who earned the money knows best how to spend it save for some necessary government involvement in everyday critical functions of society. So am I envious that those wealthier than me get more of a break. Hell no! God bless them. The more the merrier. And it will sure give workers a nice bone to pick if they see not one benefit “trickling down” to them.

I didn’t see anyone kiss the Dons ring or his arse but they did glow as if they passed through a nuclear test site. Well, now what are Dems going to do? Just keep whining. They are sure squirming now because they were hopeful the Republicans would torpedo their own one chance in a century of getting everything done they want. Well, let’s see what they can do and if they fail.......there’s always 2020.

We'll see. The proof is in the pudding. Seems like everything lags by about 7-10 years, so it will take awhile to ultimately see how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Alan, would like butter and salt on that?
    Yes please, and enjoy the show!
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I don't know one person in real life that thinks this a good idea. Does it make sense in any world where you give the most $ to the rich and then you cut safety net programs, health insurance for poor sick kids, etc??? I wish I believed in Hell because if it existed these people who voted for this crap would be going there. `The rich are intent on destroying the middle class and letting the poor and elderly people die.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I don't know one person in real life that thinks this a good idea. Does it make sense in any world where you give the most $ to the rich and then you cut safety net programs, health insurance for poor sick kids, etc??? I wish I believed in Hell because if it existed these people who voted for this crap would be going there. `The rich are intent on destroying the middle class and letting the poor and elderly people die.
    I think one of the principle differences between people like me and people like you is the idea that government gives money and that rich people are evil.

Where's that Bobby McFerrin song when you need it? Oh, here ya go!

It's not EVEN a tax cut long term as the change in the inflation measure will eat it up at least for ordinary people whose tax cuts here are small potatoes anyway (yes corporations probably still make out well but that's because it was mostly their tax bill anyway - it WAS a corporate tax bill period with some TEMPORARY individual tax cuts thrown in purely as window dressing).

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/artic...he-tax-cut-act
    Trees don't grow on money

Alan, I believe in helping the less fortunate and do it all the time in my personal life with both $ and my time. I have always lived by my values so yes the government needs to help the less fortunate of it's citizens. Not all wealthy people are evil. Look at Buffett and Gates who are giving away most of their fortune to charity.

Thread Information