Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Republican Love Fest After the Tax Bill was passed.......

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I cede my nomination to Elizabeth Warren. Or Bernie.
    Elizabeth and Bernie have no chance ..... doesn’t the Democratic Party have a real candidate?

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Elizabeth and Bernie have no chance ..... doesn’t the Democratic Party have a real candidate?
    The Democrat party is run by idiots. They will probably send Hillary up there again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    The Democrat party is run by idiots. They will probably send Hillary up there again.
    Look WHAT is in the white house!!!! I will never vote Republican again based on this fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Look WHAT is in the white house!!!! I will never vote Republican again based on this fiasco.
    I've been a registered Independent for decades. I used to regularly vote for Republicans. They could run Pope Francis for City Commissioner and I wouldn't vote for him. What a sad end for a once respectable party.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I see a big blue wave on the horizon, and it can't get here soon enough.

Prospective candidates are signing up to run as Democrats in record numbers. What happened in Virginia and Alabama is just the beginning.
    after the massive gains the Republicans have had during the last administration, it would not be surprising to see some shift back the other way.

We will see.

As much as I do or don't like Bernie or Elizabeth, the democrats really need a fresh approach and a new face. If the dems rely on old politics of the Hillary or Bernie irk we might be stuck with another round or Trump or Kasich. I think Kasich is as much a part of the Trump resistance as anyone and I'd bet he's already scheming.

The Washington Post brought up an issue I'd not thought of. Now that fewer people will itemize, some of the tax benefits of charitable giving will go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    As much as I do or don't like Bernie or Elizabeth, the democrats really need a fresh approach and a new face. If the dems rely on old politics of the Hillary or Bernie irk we might be stuck with another round or Trump or Kasich. I think Kasich is as much a part of the Trump resistance as anyone and I'd bet he's already scheming.

The Washington Post brought up an issue I'd not thought of. Now that fewer people will itemize, some of the tax benefits of charitable giving will go away.
    Despite my admiration for Elizabeth Warren and Bernie, I wholeheartedly agree. Someone with the youth, vigor, and intellect of former President Obama would be fine with me.

Kasich just signed an intrusive (and likely illegal) abortion ban. I'm pretty sure he's off any list of acceptable Resistance candidates.

I see California is considering the tactic of calling some (mandatory) payments “charitable contributions” to get around the SALT cap. Sort of like when the Obama administration tried arguing that the individual mandate penalty wasn’t really a tax.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I see California is considering the tactic of calling some (mandatory) payments “charitable contributions” to get around the SALT cap. Sort of like when the Obama administration tried arguing that the individual mandate penalty wasn’t really a tax.
    Considering that something like 32% of CA taxpayers itemize and the average itemization is $22,000 it's not surprising that our representatives in Sacramento would be looking for ways to deal with this. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out, and if successful, how long before every other blue state does something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Well, Justice Roberts bought that argument, much to my consternation.
    still that moment is one of the biggest WTFs of politics of my lifetime.

Thread Information