Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Setting a Decluttering Goal in Units of Time Using Flylady's Timer Method - Dec. 2017

I try to do one "givebackbox" a day, rain-or-shine. givebackbox.com

Sometimes this takes 5 minutes, sometimes quite a bit longer, depends on what archeological layer I am excavating.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Before I sold my house, I spent five years decluttering. My wife used to leave the house and tell me no to to be so ruthless with my throwing away things. Finally, she looked around and said, You’ve done a good job, there’s not much left.” I’m staring to feel cluttered again. The other day she was looking for a combo radio/cd player. She asked me where it went. I said, “Um...it’s got to be around here somewhere.” I think I threw it away!
    We use those old boom boxes to listen to radio. We have three of them, used at multiple properties. They get dirty and sometimes full of water when I accidently spray them or leave out in rain.

I keep thinking I need to transfer to an IPod sort of thingie, but I dont like the idea of gardening with one, bending over and etc with that thing attached to my waist, cord to ear, etc. There is freedom of movement in listening to radio broadcast over air.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    We use those old boom boxes to listen to radio. We have three of them, used at multiple properties. They get dirty and sometimes full of water when I accidently spray them or leave out in rain.

I keep thinking I need to transfer to an IPod sort of thingie, but I dont like the idea of gardening with one, bending over and etc with that thing attached to my waist, cord to ear, etc. There is freedom of movement in listening to radio broadcast over air.
    IL,those boom boxes also work when covered with paint splatters!

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I try to do one "givebackbox" a day, rain-or-shine. givebackbox.com

Sometimes this takes 5 minutes, sometimes quite a bit longer, depends on what archeological layer I am excavating.
    Thanks for reminding me of this--just got two boxes together and printed off labels--this is wonderful!

Givebackbox.com is a great resource I didn't know about - thanks, Bae.

I did another hour yesterday, so new total is 2.

Yppej
    This morning I put the last of the old insulation in trash bags.

2 more hours today, so new total is 4.

Because my "free" time can be so sporadic, I tend to declutter by "project". The last one was the 9 photo boxes. It took a year, but I finally completed the scanning of all the photos!!! I've tried to pass some of them on to folks to enjoy when I could. Plan to use as many of the empty boxes to store Christmas/holiday decorations, etc. in. I like the timer idea, though, and may try 15 minutes or so at night before bed.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Good work, EJ on making time for this even so close to the holiday!

Yppej
    Got rid of some old gift bags and wrapping.

Thread Information