Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: went to the Dr,

went to the Dr,

and I feel like an idiot. Of course nothing is wrong with my heart and the only thing is that I should cut my caffeine down by half. My head hurts, I am trying today to cut down. Yesterday I got home from work and feel asleep for 30 minutes. The DR said sorry there wasn't anything wrong, I don't want anything wrong, I wanted something to take back to work and show tangible proof I needed support.

The more I thought about it, the more I made the connection to my emotional heart. Last night I had kid lose it, he is being watched for mental health issues right now, his mom came to pick up and he lost it. I talked to both of them about his behavior and basically in the process he started to go after her physically. I stepped in and stopped it, calmed it down, told him the consequences such as possibly calling district security, and felt okay sending them home. The whole time I am totally calm, totally confident. No after- effects of stress either. What 'caused' my heart issues was heart based, I was working on a project that I cared deeply about and he cancelled it. The conversations we have had are all 'head based', about the schedule in the shared calendar and if my proposal had an evaluation built in. Nothing 'heart based', like why this was an important project.

In any case, it is not physical, and I feel like I should have known that.

Yppej
    Well at least you don't have to worry about your body. Do you get a semester break to rest your spirit?

I run camp over winter break, I did take last week off of work however. That was a super great break and I got some rest

SO glad your physical heart checked out okay, and try to get some more rest before camp starts!

Did he do any tests?

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Did he do any tests?
    Yes, EKG and took blood, I will find out about the blood work later. But nothing really seemed wrong. My blood pressure was good and low, my temp was typical low 97.1,

I've had a racing heart before. Simply too much caffeine. I mostly drink decafe coffee now but will drink regular or gourmet coffee when away from home. I also drink decafe tea. Heart just purrs like a kitten now.

Glad that you had the EKG.

EKGs only give you so much info. Did the doc ever suggest a holter monitor to maybe catch the tachycardia and know further what type it is? Has your doc ever suspected a mitral valve prolapse? What labs did he draw?

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    EKGs only give you so much info. Did the doc ever suggest a holter monitor to maybe catch the tachycardia and know further what type it is? Has your doc ever suspected a mitral valve prolapse? What labs did he draw?
    You mean, is her doc looking for the zebra? Probably not.

It is good that ZG visited a physician to review her symptoms,but why not follow his instructions about caffeine and see how that works since that is the most likely (horse) in the room.

Zoe, you dont have to give up caffeine forever, just during this period of hormonal change.

Thread Information