Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: went to the Dr,

Zoe, if you like tea, I'd suggest trying Red Rooibos/Red Bush tea. It's from South Africa, and you get it at many standard grocery stores. It's herbal, but doesn't taste like it. It was suggested to me by a friend who had to give up regular coffee/tea, even decaf, due to her acid reflux. I drink it with milk and a big of sugar, just like I did with regular tea. I've pretty much given up caffeine due to my acid reflux. It's very tasty. And I am not an herbal tea drinker at all! I drink a ton of it. I use the one from Twinings.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    You mean, is her doc looking for the zebra? Probably not.
    No, IrisLilies, what I have suggested is basic stuff for checking out a heart rate problem. Yes, if she is going through menopause, it quite likely has something to do with that, or even caffeine. But when you have heart issues, you do BASIC testing, which is more than an EKG. IMO, you don't make any assumptions with the heart.

I agree with Tradd that Rooibos teas is a robust caffeine-free hot drink. I also enjoy Rosehip/Hibiscus tea.

When I decided to cut down on caffeine, I divided my day into 3 segments. I would have up to 2 cups of coffee before noon. Between noon and 5 PM I would have up to 2 cups tea (green, black, or herbal). After 5 PM, I would drink filtered water only. Thus, with a 10:30 bedtime, there would be at least 5.5 hours without consuming caffeine. Previously I had consumed unlimited amounts of coffee (pot-after-pot brewed in a French Press). I found that I increasingly looked forward to afternoon tea, after I made a habitual space for it.

Cutting/back on caffeine should be a fairly long process....like at least a month. Some are much more sensitive to it than others. I was very lucky that it helped with my migraines, but I couldn't drink it any other time, or it wouldn't work for the migraine.
    Tylenol with caffeine got me through a couple tough years.

I went caffeine free over a weekend with hardly any issues, aside from perhaps a bit of a headache.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    I went caffeine free over a weekend with hardly any issues, aside from perhaps a bit of a headache.
    Yes, it is the lack-of-caffeine headache that is my negative effect. It is noticeable for a few days and then tapers off. Asperin helps.

since we are talking about caffeine, I have occasionally been drinking coffee in the afternoon, well past my previous deadline of noon. For many decades, coffee after 12 noon would keep me up at night, but now,
    I am not so sure.

Thread Information