Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Practical strategies to cope with being alone?

Did UL say he wouldn’t date fat women? I missed that.

my friend in Cleveland said she isn’t ready to date men over 50 (she’s 47). My dh is 52. i told her “well, I hate to tell you, but that’s your demographic. Personally, i’m a fan.”

He made pejorative comments about fat women singles. I made the assumption that that means he wouldn't date them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    "I am an avid reader, fisherman, and rescue dog enthusiast. I live simply and enjoy minimalism.

I have gotten into traveling recently -- just a backpack and a plane ticket is my style. In the past couple years I have gone to Israel, Cuba, Jordan, Argentina, and Uruguay. I have also been to England, Spain, Costa Rica, Canada, Aruba, and Portugal. My next trip is either Iceland or Panama!

I love all kinds of music -- yacht rock, disco, funk, folk, outlaw country, and so on.

I am looking for a serious relationship that will lead to a life partnership. What I value most in a significant other are empathy, a sense of humor, shared values, and a mutual physical attraction.

Talk to me about travel, your dog, or any book you're reading."

I like it. Gives me an idea of who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by herbgeek View Post
    He made pejorative comments about fat women singles. I made the assumption that that means he wouldn't date them.
    He like curvy women.He dates them.

Probably he has an idea of weight limit, as would I in the dating world.He would likley like women who could haul around their backpack on a walking European trip, and not all large people are willing to do that.

IL my point was: he has ideals and standards, but it appears to me that he was pointing out (in what I read as a complaining tone) that someone else in a profile mentioned they had particular standards. It seems hypocritical to me about complaining about something, when you do the same thing. I wasn't judging on what the preferences actually were.

IL my point was: he has ideals and standards, but it appears to me that he was pointing out (in what I read as a complaining tone) that someone else in a profile mentioned they had particular standards. It seems hypocritical to me about complaining about something, when you do the same thing. I wasn't judging on what the preferences actually were.
    Oh ok, well,
    I agree that UL certainly has requirements.

I'm talking about what you've said you want, not what you publicly post on your dating profile. You've been pretty clear that you will not date a fat woman. You've mentioned a preference for black women. You have very specific preferences on habits and interests. How is that different from someone indicating their preferences on appearances?
    What have I said I want?

Where and when did I say I would "not date a fat woman?"

I do have a preference for black women. But I am sincerely trying to be more open minded and less superficial. I am focusing more on personality and values because I think that is what really counts when looking for a life partner.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    You didn't miss it. I never said it.

He made pejorative comments about fat women singles.
    I challenge you to prove this accusation.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    He like curvy women.He dates them.

Probably he has an idea of weight limit, as would I in the dating world.He would likley like women who could haul around their backpack on a walking European trip, and not all large people are willing to do that.
    My most recent girlfriend was 5'3" and 180 lbs. I am 5'9" and 195 lbs. That paints a picture.

Thread Information