Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread: Practical strategies to cope with being alone?

Thank you for not walking away UL. And I canít believe the others would have!

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    Thank you for not walking away UL. And I can’t believe the others would have!
    Yes, I agree!! UL did you ever find out what happened, or what the story was?
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    I was walking with a group of 5 of us downtown to the restaurant. We walked past the main bus station and there was a baby in a stroller. There was a man standing next to the stroller, looking into it, talking to the baby. I looked into this man's eyes and I knew he was crazy -- demented or mentally ill -- whatever you want to say. He was unstable and unhinged. As we walked past him he pointed into the stroller, looked at my coworkers and I, and shouted: "He will eat your heart!!!"

So my suspicions about this madman were confirmed in this one statement.

I don't know if this man knew the baby or was a stranger or where the mom was.
    Where was the mom (or dad FTM)? I find that almost as disturbing as the crazy guy.
    If Americans expended even a fraction of the energy on civic engagement that we spend on consumer ideology, our democracy would be much healthier. Can you imagine people camping out to vote? -- Charles Roberts, Amherst, Mass., Nov. 25, 2006

I can’t believe your friends were going to walk away. Thanks for helping the baby. I saved a young girl from a man 34 years ago and never forgot it. Thanks