Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: our Christmas present

Pretty inside, but the other one has a nicer exterior, IMO. It's probably that beautiful tree...

Still like the windows and patio better and the view from the patio is wonderful. Is it at the point of maintenance where you would redo the interior for better insulation and upgrade the wiring or liveable as is? Perfect timing to get it to where you want it to be.

Asking as DH and I have been through the route of no insulation upstairs, a 60 amp service with the ceiling falling into the kitchen so nothing I see in your pictures look like that much work LOL. That property fit our miniature budget though and returned $$$$$ when sold.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Still like the windows and patio better and the view from the patio is wonderful. Is it at the point of maintenance where you would redo the interior for better insulation and upgrade the wiring or liveable as is? Perfect timing to get it to where you want it to be.

Asking as DH and I have been through the route of no insulation upstairs, a 60 amp service with the ceiling falling into the kitchen so nothing I see in your pictures look like that much work LOL. That property fit our miniature budget though and returned $$$$$ when sold.
    It wouldnt surprise me if it has old wiring snd little insulation.

But we have purchased 4 houses in Missouri, and none of them were habitable when we bought them. So this one, one we can actually move into and sleep there with a toilet that flushes, is pretty luxurious.

I feel like my STL brother drove us through Hermann once. Is it near wineries? Looks like you'll be doing what we are these days - fixing up a house. I never thought I would be knocking down walls and designing a kitchen at this age. Will you keep your other houses? Anyway...congrats!

Nice! Congrats!

Congratulations in advance, IL! Looks like a great starting point for you and Mr. IL -- that patio alone is a great reason to put the work into this house.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

I didn't realize you were planning a move. I figured you'd live in your Victorian house forever.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    I didn't realize you were planning a move. I figured you'd live in your Victorian house forever.
    Oh we wont move, this is a second house, a vacation house. It certainly is possible that we would move to Hermann some years into the future, though.

I think I have DH convinced that we need to hire someone to mow the Hermann property, at least until we unload are extra (tiny housej properties here.

if our puchase goes through, it will be a long arduous process to move all of my iris plants, it will take a year.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    It looks like it has nice sized rooms, good bones and a great lot. I think if they had cleaned out the house and done some painting and floor cleaning, it might have sold faster.

I think the kitchen has great potential to look the original age with updated appliances and carefully selected colors and accents. My idea of heaven.
    The kichen cabinents are cute and consistent with the real estate agent’s assigned age of the house, 1967. I do love ‘60’s kitchen cabinents. But here’s the problem: this house has a core that seems to date from 1900, then it has additions that seem to be from the 1940’s~1960’s and then there is a hideous garage conversion into an extra bedroom with new flooring, so that abomination is recent. In summary, there is no architectural integrity to respect here, so we may move the kitchen to the other side of the house and rejigger the room flow.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    I also thought you were moving given your frustrations with St. Louis and the bad roof.

Thread Information