Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: fit bit

fit bit

This is probably not the most popular item on Simple Living, but I am super excited that I got a fit bit from my parents! My mom asked for one bigger ticket idea from each person so I thought this would be perfect. It has the heart rate monitor that i felt I needed. And it will help me make sure I am not sitting all day, it is quite varied how much I walk during the day. I tend to think that I walk a lot but I really don't know.

In any case I am setting it up and giving it a charge before I walk around the park today.

I really love my FB and it has definitely motivated me to do more walking. Enjoy!

My last fitbit made it a year before going kaput and I didn't replace it. BUT, got very excited when I saw a new one came out that could be worn swimming. Low and behold, Santa put one in my sock. Now I can get credit for my swimming every morning.

Only 5000 steps, but sitting a lot today due to holiday. I just walked a mile in the chilly weather

Quote Originally Posted by Simplemind View Post
    My last fitbit made it a year before going kaput and I didn't replace it. BUT, got very excited when I saw a new one came out that could be worn swimming. Low and behold, Santa put one in my sock. Now I can get credit for my swimming every morning.
    More info on this one, please! Might be something I would be interested in with all the swimming I do.

I got one 2 months ago, and it has been great at keeping me honest.

Anyone look at the clones? I saw one at a local damaged freight store, that didn't connect online, where it supplied my information to some company.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Anyone look at the clones? I saw one at a local damaged freight store, that didn't connect online, where it supplied my information to some company.
    No, but I did buy my last FB through eBay and it was much cheaper than through the FB site.

I've had mine since June. It's definitely past the new toy novelty stage, and I love it. I check my heart rate and sleep habits every day. I pay attention to the trends, and I definitely pay attention to the steps. One of the things that surprised me as how many steps you rack up just by doing housework. The past two days I EASILY passed 10--just from running around getting the house ready for Christmas! In my mind, that alone is an argument against hiring cleaning help. I'd rob myself of valuable steps!

Also, I track my heart rate because it tends to run high. And I've found a correlation between between a high heart rate and alcohol consumption and normal everyday stress (as opposed to de-stressing alone in nature).

I think you'll really like it, ZG!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I've had my fitness tracker for close to two years. It's very motivational - and continues to be so after the new wears off.

I have a Misfit Shine 2. Love their support, and when I lost mine in a pool on Memorial weekend they helped me try to find it through an app, and ultimately sent a new one! 5+ star rating!

Likes: visual progress tracker, doesn't need charging, tracks 24/7 to include sleep, water proof so I wear it always, tracks swimming, provides text and phone notifications.

Dislikes: no heart rate monitoring on this version, app works better - more robust on Apple and I have android, strap - although alternatives can be bought.

Thread Information