Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Moments of peacefulness?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Moments of peacefulness?

Sometimes (like tonight) I will make steel cut oats for dinner. Not sure why, but I like oatmeal for dinner sometimes.

I will throw in a dab of PB, some walnuts, raisins, raw honey, and cinnamon.

It is good.

But during the 30+ minutes it takes to cook the oats, I usually find myself feeling peaceful in a way.

Does anyone else care to share their unexpected moments of peacefulness?

Driving all alone. I don't like to drive. Would like to live without a car. But when I need to drive somewhere that takes 20-30 minutes it's quiet and relaxing.

it is hygge, the Danish word for comfort. They like oatmeal a lot.

Yppej
    Doing a back float.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Doing a back float.
    I like that one.

Right now, in the wee morning hours, when everyone else is asleep, and I'm alone with a cup of coffee.

Or in the summer, sitting on my swing with my dog, reading.

Or at night reading Compline (Prayers at the End of the Day)
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Doing a back float.
    I'm really anxious to try one of the float spas that are popping up all around. 90 minutes of floating in the dark sounds like bliss.

Oatmeal. When I'm at my dad's cabin I cook oatmeal on top of the woodstove. The crackle of the fire, sitting in a rocking chair, the warmth of the oatmeal when it's done leads to a bed covered in quilts and a great night's rest.

Sitting in my yard on the ground looking for little rocks to add to a rock path I'm building. Very grounding. Not everyone can say they've sat everywhere in their entire property. I seem to go through a ritual when I grab a 5 gallon bucket and find a spot in the yard. I sit, I touch the ground, I look around and just appreciate everything I see from this view, I pick rocks, let my mind wander, start thinking about things I'm thankful for, thank the earth for the free rocks (they seem to grow faster than grass here in the ozarks), realized I've got 1/2 a bucket full, stand up and go add them to the path.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    I'm really anxious to try one of the float spas that are popping up all around. 90 minutes of floating in the dark sounds like bliss.
    Is that just another term for sensory deprivation chamber?

Sitting in a Adirondack chair overlooking my garden. Makes me feel peaceful even when the chair is inside and the garden is converted with snow.

Sitting in the afternoon winter sun reading, cup of tea in hand, dog snoozing at my side and classical music playing especially Gaia Prime radio on my Sonos speaker.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I have expected moments of peacefulness somewhat routinely, but had to think about unexpected moments. Odd as it might seem, the one I came up with was when I bike 10 miles to the Sinclair station the next community over and buy a double sized Butterfinger bar. Sometimes it seems exquisite.

Thread Information