Thread: New Years retreat!

New Years retreat!

I am going again this year, so excited. It is down at my teacher's in Colorado Springs near Garden of the Gods. That means if we stay up we can see fireworks over Pike's Peak like last year. Bringing in the New Year in silence is very powerful. The full moon is the next night I believe so it will be pretty on New Years, Colorado has such clear skies most of the time.

I am in charge of the food, menu and shopping. It is a challenge like I posted elsewhere, one vegan, one gluten free and one no nightshades. On a short retreat it is not that hard actually. Retreat food is traditionally very simple and lots of vegetables. This is often what I do as part of my donation, I am really comfortable doing it and find it easy to plan and cook. I realized how many years I spent cooking for a family and guests on a regular basis. It pays off. Maybe someday in my older age I can run a retreat center, that would be nice.

In any case I hope you all have good plans, I leave in the morning so see you next year!

Yppej
    Happy New Year!

Happy New Year, Zoe Girl. Have a great time!

Happy New Year! May you receive the insights you need for the next stage of your life!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Happy New Year!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information