Hi All,

I'm thinking I'd like to pick one new year's resolution to track here with the support of this group month by month throughout 2018.

The resolution I want to work on is being more organized at work. I was really disorganized this year, and that created a lot of unnecessary stress for myself and I think also resulted in me doing a less-than-stellar job at times.

I've had some success with setting benchmarks for some of my goals in the last few years, so I'm going to establish some benchmarks each month for reaching this goal and then report here how I'm doing at hitting the benchmarks.

For January, my first benchmark is simply to spend 20 hours organizing my office. I actually have a new office, so everything from my old office is in boxes waiting to be unpacked, which is obviously a great opportunity for me to declutter and organize. In addition to making it more organized, I also want to make it an attractive and pleasing space, someplace it feels good for me and my students to spend time in.

My other benchmark for January is simply to reflect on and draft some possible monthly benchmarks for the next year. I'm sure they'll change and evolve as the year goes on, but I'd like to have a rough plan to work with.

I find I do better at meeting goals when I focus on only one or two at a time, so this is the only resolution I'm going to work on here.

If anybody wants to join in by posting about one or more New Year's resolutions you want to track here, that would be great!