Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Tracking One (or More) New Year's Resolution(s) - January

Yppej
    I picked something easier today, tossing old clothes, outdated resumes, and other papers. I stopped because the trash barrel is full.

Yppej, a full trash barrel is a sign of success, I'd say.

Well, I FINALLY belatedly started working on my office today. I ended up focusing on other goals in January, and that is okay, but now I need to focus on this one. I have three weeks to get organized before school starts, and I'm going to be out of town for four days of that.

In any case, I spent 30 minutes on my office today and was able to throw away a lot of papers and collect about 15 books to give away. It's a start.

ejchase, Great Job on getting started in your office!

Yppej, easy is good, especially when you can make that kind of progress Way to go!

CL, I hope you can rejoin us in Feb.

I have been working on doll clothes- so much fun! (I also know what my goals are going to be for Feb...)

Yppej
    Now that most of my tax forms are in I am starting to go through and throw away papers and also delete emails from my prior job that I don't need or want to think about. I am just waiting on one more form from my current job and the 1040 form and instruction booklet, then I can do my taxes and put away that folder cluttering up my room. It takes so long to get everything and I would have preferred to file early due to the Equifax data breach.

I filed my taxes last night. I use an online filing service, Express1040. Federal tax filing is free, $12.95 this year for state of California. I was getting annoyed that I hadn't gotten a couple of 1099R, then remembered I could retrieve them online. My taxes are pretty straight forward, standard deduction. Since I retired mid year, I have a big refund coming! I also was anxious to file as quickly as possible, due to all the data breaches. It was also really good to shred, and file the important pieces for 2017. Done!
    Last edited by mschrisgo2; 1-30-18 at 11:39am. Reason: spelling!

Yppej
    I threw away two old roof shingles this morning. They are about 3 to 4 feet long and do fit in the trash barrel, so now that I know that I aim to get as many more as I can fit in it out this weekend.

Yppej
    How is everyone doing with their resolutions?

I am on track with decluttering, met my weight loss goal for the year, but have increased not decreased my caffeine consumption among other things, so a mixed bag for me.

Haven’t touched the photos or scrapbooks.
    the studio in the barn has been up and down and i’m not really sure if it’s better or worse.
    one side of the basement is better, the other is worse.

i never finished the doll shelf and completely lost focus. I appreciate you bringing this back up though.

Yppej
    I set 23 resolutions and have met 18 of them so far. I am working on caffeine reduction and hope to get the rusted out garbage disposal removed this week. (I have an appointment but wouldn't be surprised if no heat emergencies lead to a cancellation.)

My failed three resolutions all relate to work, including finding a job closer to home.

Among my successes are cutting my clothes expenditures from $1734.19 last year to $510.86 this year with no plans to buy anything in the remaining two months.

Impressive

Thread Information