Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tracking One (or More) New Year's Resolution(s) - January

Mschrisgo2,

you our are Amazing! Over 1/3 done the first week!

i am going to try to focus on those areas some today. Mostly I am going to try to take a break and take today for me - not what other people want done, not the next thing I need to do for school, just a day off! Dh is home though, so it may be a challenge. He always feels entitled to direct my time. (Come help me with this, I thought you were going to do that...)

CL I hope your day gets to be YOURS! You surely deserve it. Mschrisgo- You are powering through amazingly quickly. EJ, the writing consistency is admirable. I'm doing Story Storm which is with a picture book writing group...an idea or as many as possible a day in January..then flesh one out. I have lots of ideas, my problem is FINISHING any of them. So, my goal is to get one a week start to finish, then in Feb. do editing. You all inspire me!

Finally got started. So far half an hour in a guest room moving things around and grouping scrapbook items together.

i found three books I am willing to get rid of and freed up a small shelf to move out to the barn studio for organizing inventory.

1.5 hr this morning, 8.5 so far. (Goal is 30 hours in January)

Taking a break, I'm getting bleary-eyed and the dogs are clamoring for attention and exercise. Time for a game of fetch down the hallway, since it is still pouring rain.

CL congrats on getting scrapbook items together, freeing up an inventory shelf- and liberating 3 books.

nswef and ejchase, you have awakened the writer in me! I feel Feb goals forming...
    Last edited by mschrisgo2; 1-6-18 at 3:30pm. Reason: spelling!

Oops, it was ejchase who pledged 20 hours.

i took a nap by the fire. Sometimes it is good to stop in the pursuit of happiness and just be happy.

CL, if that's what it takes to be happy, do that.

Today I spent 65 minutes in the basement - sorting things into like groups, putting away stuff that had been carried down there “for now” and bringing scrapbooking stuff and home decor upstairs (if it isn’t seasonal, it doesn’t belong in the basement - either i’m Going to use it, or i’m Not.) total 1 hr, 35 minutes.

Hi All - Very inspired by your progress here! I've done NOTHING on my office goals yet, but hope to get started this week. I reported on my progress with my writing in the "Give it 100" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    I'm doing Story Storm which is with a picture book writing group...an idea or as many as possible a day in January..then flesh one out. I have lots of ideas, my problem is FINISHING any of them. So, my goal is to get one a week start to finish, then in Feb. do editing. You all inspire me!
    This sounds great, nswef!

One hour today, half shredding, collecting recycling for tomorrow's pickup. The other half hour was spent getting fabric and sewing things together for the doll clothes project
    We have a forecast-to-be hellacious storm coming Monday and Tuesday, I have things all ready to work on! Back to finish- Hopefully!- the filing first thing tomorrow.

9.5 hours subtotal

Thread Information