Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cards?

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    I play mah Jong three times a week at least. We keep a set out in the kitchen. It is confusing to learn but once you get it always challenging. This is not the tile matching game that people play on the computer. You make hands out of numbered tiles I. Three suits combined with flowers, winds and dragons. The about 50 hand combinations change every year.
    Dh plays pinochle every Monday. We also play euchre and hi low jack once or a twice a month. It keeps your mind sharp and keeps social contacts.

In our our retirement community there are are always multiple games going on in rec centers as well as people always willing to play in a home game.
    I also play mah-jongg 1-2 times per week and also can play 4 free games on line daily. www.myjongg.net
    Last edited by frugal-one; 1-11-18 at 5:07pm.

When I was little, it was War and Go fish. As I got a little older, it was Uno. When I was just about a teenager, I got to start playing with my grandmother and the old lady's from the neighborhood. Pitch, Spite and Malice, Michigan Rummy, Canasta, Shanghi. I miss those days, because everyone in the family, seems to have different likes and hates when it comes to card games. There normally is a fight before they decide what to play, so I long ago, just decided to walk away when they start discussing it.

Lots of excellent suggestions of games here. I hope to learn a few of them!

My (young adult) grandsons got a card game called "Exploding Kittens" for Christmas. We played all afternoon. It seemed very complicated but I won several times.

Quote Originally Posted by mschrisgo2 View Post
    My (young adult) grandsons got a card game called "Exploding Kittens" for Christmas. We played all afternoon. It seemed very complicated but I won several times.
    My 21 year old son just bought that game! I'd like to learn to play it. thanks for the reminder.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Thread Information