Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading 2018?

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    An Atheist in Heaven: The Ultimate Evidence for Life After Death? by Paul Davids and Gary Schwartz--a tale of what happens when your quirky atheist friend who doesn't believe in an afterlife tells you before his death that if his soul should live on "I'll drop you a line." Non-fiction.
    Sounds interesting, Jane. What's your take on it?

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Sounds interesting, Jane. What's your take on it?
    I'm only a quarter of the way through. It's interesting in the way that a string of odd and inexplicable events can suggest something without actually proving it--even with spectometric tests going on. The subject of the book was a colorful character indeed.

I have a working belief in life after death, combined with a certain skepticism. I have little to lose if there's just a void after this life, but I would like to be reunited with loved ones. And I'll miss the hell out of this material world.

Well-researched books on reincarnation are the most convincing proof to me of life after death. Soul Survivor and Looking for Carroll Beckwith are both thought-provoking.

We went to a ghost hunting event last night in Hermann, starting out in the old cemetery. It was led by a local ghost hunters ter and his team dueing the eveing their “K2” devices went off and their rods moved and etc. but it all looked hokey to me, although great fun.

Yppej
    I was pleased today to find Natural Causes and also got Fierce Kingdom: A Novel and The Cadaver King and the Country Dentist:: A True Story of Injustice in the American South.

I am currently reading The Immortalists. This is truly fiction at its finest.

I just finished Democracy in Chains by Nancy MacLean. It was excellent.

I just finished re reading West with the Night by Beryl Markham. Lyrical. She was the first person to fly nonstop from Europe to North America. The main story is her life in Africa, Kenya mainly. She was an interesting person.

Flight of the Sparrow: A Novel of Early America, Novel by Amy Belding Brown

Excellent read. It's placed in the early days on the east coast when Native Americans were fighting with settlers.

I decided to try a Dean Koontz book. This one is called "Your Heart Belongs to Me" Good story so far.
    Life Lessons From The Pennsylvania Dutchhttps://www.smashwords.com/books/view/804572

Solo by Kwame Alexander with mary Rand Hess. It's lyrical, free verse story of a young man coping with a change in his world. After reading it -quickly and late into the night as I could not put it down- I sat holding it on my lap, sorry to see the end of it. I cannot think of a book that has affected me this way. I'm going to check out his other books. It is Young Adult, but magnificent.

Thread Information