Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: What are you reading 2018?

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Peterson was said to have done something heinous to one of the family dogs--resulting in death, I believe--mercifully, I don't remember the details. That would have been enough for me. The owl theory is ludicrous. The cheerful male prostitute who stood him up was the star of the trial, which I watched. Of course he did it.
    yes, to one of the family bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post

The woman who died in first stairway, mother of the two adopted girls--was a family friend and not his wife. She left him money, too. She also had head wounds when they dug her up and did an autopsy, all those years later.

I thought a couple of things with the kids in the movie were very disquieting--when the one son said h e used to bang their heads together as punishment--that is so abnormal for a parent to do that; kids' heads are fragile, you spend your life protecting them from head injury. did you notice that?
    Wow--killer owls everywhere! At least one of the sons comes across as creepy as his father.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    yes, to one of the family bulldogs
    Bulldog. That is probably why I pushed that right out of my mind.

Alan - I loved the baroque cycle, and it took me a year to read them all. thatís very unusual for me - normally Iíd read a trilogy like that in 2 months or less. I think it was such dense reading with so many interconnecting but very disparate threads - I could only read it a little at a time.