Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading 2018?

Quote Originally Posted by tennesseeborder View Post
    I read this fascinating book on communication called "If I Understood You, Would I Have This Look On My Face" by Alan Alda. Alda' latest project has been to share insight on the science of communication. He offers really useful tips on improving your communication skills.
    I'll have to look for this one. I am completely fascinated by the inability of we human beings to communicate effectively with one another.

I am still working my way through Stephen King's It.

Hell of a book!

My mom is reading Under The Dome. We both happened to have the same favorite character -- Piper Libby!

I put the longer version of The Stand on my nook and just read it, again. Epic, pretty much any Stephen King will keep me happy

Rosie: Scenes from a Vanished Life by Rose Tremain, just purchased and seems interesting
    “Salt in the air, sand in my hair.”

Achtung Baby! Yet another book on child-rearing practices in other places and how they compare to America.

I borrowed it from my local library. It should be out there. Alda has put a lot of effort in promoting real communication. However I have given up. Technology has made it a lot worse.
    Life Lessons From The Pennsylvania Dutchhttps://www.smashwords.com/books/view/804572

Yppej
    I looked for Natural Causes recommended on another thread here but it was checked out so instead I got I Am I Am I Am about near death experiences and three novels: Ill Will by Chaon, The Locals by Dee and Absolute Darling by Tallent.
    Last edited by Yppej; 4-12-18 at 8:47pm.

Moral Politics by George Lakoff

"...the challenge in contemporary America is to create a nurturant society, when a significant portion of that society has been raised by authoritarian or neglectful parents."

An Atheist in Heaven: The Ultimate Evidence for Life After Death? by Paul Davids and Gary Schwartz--a tale of what happens when your quirky atheist friend who doesn't believe in an afterlife tells you before his death that if his soul should live on "I'll drop you a line." Non-fiction.

Yppej
    A couple of Sarah Orne Jewett stories. Her house is open to the public and I am contemplating a visit there when the weather is nicer.

Thread Information