Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading 2018?

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Someone is Hiding Something, about the disappearance of Flight 370, written by Richard Belzer, generally known for conspiracy theories. I have another Flight 370 book in queue, to balance it out.
    I always believed that TWA 800, which crashed over the Long Island Sound in the 90s, was caused by a Coast Guard missile mistake. I feel bad for poor Pierre Salinger who probably died with his reputation completely ruined because of his insistence that this was the case.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I always believed that TWA 800, which crashed over the Long Island Sound in the 90s, was caused by a Coast Guard missile mistake. I feel bad for poor Pierre Salinger who probably died with his reputation completely ruined because of his insistence that this was the case.
    That crash was rather suspicious.

Having finished the book, I think there's more to the story than was ever told, but the authors came to no conclusions--except that we don't have any idea what really happened to Flight 370.

Next up, Identical Strangers, a memoir of twins separated at birth and later reunited.

Just started Hunt for the Skinwalker by Colm A. Kelleher and George Knapp.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Have we talked about Eve Schub’s Year of No Clutter? she wrote the book about a year with no sugar, which I did not read, having no interest in cutting out sugar.

anyways, her clutter book is about the THe Hell Room on the second floor of her old Vermont farmhouse where her family throws all stuff in, and shits the door. She is a hoarder and cannot get rid of item. One of her young dagjters had the hoardrr tendancy.

It was a fast read, and it was ok, not great.

God, IL, i hope you meant they shut the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    God, IL, i hope you meant they shut the door.
    Hahah! Ummm,yes! I think I will not correct this typo, it may provide entertainment.

LOL - definitely entertaining!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I think it was someone here who recently mentioned "Where the Red Fern Grows." It's a young adult classic that I somehow missed when I was a young adult. I just read it and enjoyed it, so appreciate the recommendation.

Yppej
    Before the library closes for the 3 day weekend I got novels by Alice McDermott and Nella Larsen as well as Lauck's autobiography Blackbird, Derrick Jensen (recommended in these forums) The Culture of Make Believe and Nixey's The Darkening Age: The Christian Destruction of the Classical World.

Journey to Dyatlov Pass by Keith McCloskey--probably the fifth book I've read on the subject. I doubt I'll learn anything new, but the story fascinates me.

Thread Information