Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: What movies are you watching 2018?

Active Measures, a documentary laying out the Russia-Trump connection in fairly excruciating detail, featuring a prominent appearance by John McCain.

Yppej
    Fahrenheit 11/9

We (my DH, 19 yo DD) and I saw A Star is Born Saturday evening. The theatre was full. The movie was 2+ hours long, but held everyone's attention the entire time. Lady Gaga is so talented and Bradley Cooper did a great job both acting and directing. Sam Elliott seemed a bit old for his role, but they seemed to explain it well enough. I enjoyed it very much. I remember watching the 1976 version with Barbra Streisand and Kris Kristopherson - will have to rewatch it.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Saw "Three Identical Strangers" the documentary about the triplet boys who were separated at birth and discovered each other by chance at age 19.
    I don't think an adoption agency would be allowed to do that today, but in the 60s and 70s things were a lot looser.

Quote Originally Posted by beckyliz View Post
    We (my DH, 19 yo DD) and I saw A Star is Born Saturday evening. The theatre was full. The movie was 2+ hours long, but held everyone's attention the entire time. Lady Gaga is so talented and Bradley Cooper did a great job both acting and directing. Sam Elliott seemed a bit old for his role, but they seemed to explain it well enough. I enjoyed it very much. I remember watching the 1976 version with Barbra Streisand and Kris Kristopherson - will have to rewatch it.
    I can't wait to see that movie. My first recollection of it was when my father allowed me to stay up past 7:30pm to watch it with him on TV. (The Judy Garland/James Mason version) I don't know how old I was at the time--maybe 9 or 10. But I've watched it several times since.

I've heard really good things about Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga, so it sounds like they did the story justice.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Williamsmith
    Lady Gaga is a talent. Quite classy when she wants to be. As Tony Bennett can attest.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I can't wait to see that movie. My first recollection of it was when my father allowed me to stay up past 7:30pm to watch it with him on TV. (The Judy Garland/James Mason version) I don't know how old I was at the time--maybe 9 or 10. But I've watched it several times since.

I've heard really good things about Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga, so it sounds like they did the story justice.
    Lots of F-Bombs, just fyi.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by beckyliz View Post
    Lots of F-Bombs, just fyi.
    Yeah, well, I'm old-fashioned, but I've gotten well past the F-bomb. But thanks for the heads-up! As long as there isn't a derogatory word for female anatomy in every line of dialogue like there is in Quentin Tarantino movies, I think I can survive it without flinching.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town

Since I have been laid up with this nasty man cold all weekend I watched some movies.

I watched The Face of Love with Annette Bening and Robin Williams. Good flick! Sad though.

I also watched a 1980s "brat pack" movie called St. Elmo's Fire. It was okay, perhaps even "good" if you put it in context.

Then I watched one called The Overnight. It was hilarious but also risque!

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Loved the Post. That and Ordinary People really brought me back in time with the fashions, hairstyles, manners, and mores.
    That was my life, circa 1971. Well, minus the newspaper ownership!
    Ordinary People is heartbreaking. It's hard for me to watch.

Thread Information