Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: What movies are you watching 2018?

Downsizing was good. It made people instantly rich because their money went farther because everything was so small. We just saw Widows, Robin Hood and I forgot the name of the other one). Two movie theaters lowered their prices to $5 to attract people. I think the fancy theaters are getting all the business. I could care less about reclining, drinking and eating during a movie. You also get a reserved seat but it’s expensive.

Won't You Be My Neighbor?

Just saw The Cove. Really has me thinking....
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yppej
    TT you got me curious about Diwnsizing. I watched it and liked it.

Y, glad you enjoyed it.

The Ballad of Buster Scruggs.

First Man about the U.S. and the race to the moon. I thought the pacing was good, Ryan Gosling was very good as Neil Armstrong, but especially interesting to me was the sound effects - you could almost feel yourself inside these space capsules with the shaking and the metal rattling and the clicks of the switches and their harnesses. It felt like we sent these guys to the moon in a glorified tin can.
    I also liked that they didn't gloss over the real dangers, and clearly showed those early astronauts who died for the mission. Still an incredible scientific achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Lainey View Post
    First Man about the U.S. and the race to the moon. I thought the pacing was good, Ryan Gosling was very good as Neil Armstrong, but especially interesting to me was the sound effects - you could almost feel yourself inside these space capsules with the shaking and the metal rattling and the clicks of the switches and their harnesses. It felt like we sent these guys to the moon in a glorified tin can.
    I also liked that they didn't gloss over the real dangers, and clearly showed those early astronauts who died for the mission. Still an incredible scientific achievement.

Have you seen Gagarin, first in space, to compare it to?

Mortal Engines
    Like the Hobbit, too much CGI and too little heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Simplemind View Post
    The Ballad of Buster Scruggs.
    My son turned this on Sunday afternoon - I got through the first 2 1/2 vignettes. Not sure if I'll finish or not.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Thread Information