Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: What movies are you watching 2018?

Yppej
    Vice. It had the feel of a Michael Moore movie.

I finally got around to watching The Avengers:Infinty War. I really liked it, and I guess the sequel will be out before long.

Trying to fit in the new Mary Poppins movie today. I will go with all the kids to see it this afternoon. Anyone else going with kids as they add to my enjoyment.

I am debating seeing Aquaman so will ask my DGS what he thinks about it.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Aquaman: i learned recently that the star, Jason Momoa, is from Iowa, not far from where
    I lived. That dull whitebread Iowa could turn out that hunk of exotic manhood seems like a Christmas miracle!

His father is Hawaiin, so that explains some of it.

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Trying to fit in the new Mary Poppins movie today. I will go with all the kids to see it this afternoon. Anyone else going with kids as they add to my enjoyment.

I am debating seeing Aquaman so will ask my DGS what he thinks about it.
    I'm dying to see Mary Poppins with a kid, but I'm not sure my 4 y.o. grandson will be old enough to enjoy it yet. I was thinking as you think razz--I'm tempted to "steal" someone else's kid for an afternoon just to share the experience with a child.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

My husband wanted to see Sherlock Holmes but we didn’t see any previews beforehand. We should have read some reviews. Well it was a extremely stupid comedy with Will Farrell. Tomorrow we are seeing Favorite. Since the theater has reduced the price to 5 we have been seeing everything we want.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    My husband wanted to see Sherlock Holmes but we didn’t see any previews beforehand. We should have read some reviews. Well it was a extremely stupid comedy with Will Farrell. Tomorrow we are seeing Favorite. Since the theater has reduced the price to 5 we have been seeing everything we want.
    I predict you won’t like The Favourite. I think it helps if you go into the film knowing that it’s a black comedy, tone is everything to appreciating this film. It is not a straight historical drama.

I have seen the previews and it looks good.

I watched the horror film Hereditary last night. It was good for the genre and Toni Colette’s performance was outstanding.

Got to see Aquaman yesterday with family and I did enjoy the artistic efforts and the gentle reminder that what man does has a huge impact on those that live in the water. Whatever it takes will be really helpful. There will be a sequel as we discovered by waiting to the end of the credits.

Finally got to see Mary Poppins on New Year's Eve. It is cute, fun and enjoyable. I toured the Christmas light display then opened the bottle of sparkling non-alcoholic cider which I had sitting in the fridge to toast the coming New Year along with Brie! Life is good.
    Last edited by razz; 12-31-18 at 9:32pm. Reason: ETA: corrections
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thread Information