Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: What movies are you watching 2018?

Saw The Wife starring Glenn Close. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3750872/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Was disappointed in that I could foresee the whole story line shortly after the movie started. I don't doubt that some of that happened (don't want to say specifics so I don't spoil it for anyone) but it made it predictable rather than interesting. I did enjoy the setting and the scenes of the earlier time frame.

Last night, we splurged for a Saturday night in-home pay-to-play movie and watched A Star is Born. I hate to sound like an old geezer, but it didn't compare with the Judy Garland/James Mason version. Not sure why. Performances were very good, and Lady Gaga's music was excellent. I think it had to do with the pacing and build-up/tear-down of the relationship.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I liked the remake in the 70’s with Robert Redford and Barbara Streisand

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Or Kris Kristofferson.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Alan is right. Barbra Streisand and Robert Redford were in The Way We Were.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

That’s right.

DH and I saw Aquaman yesterday afternoon. Not the best movie ever, but a fun way to spend a dreary Sunday afternoon. It was long (almost 2.5 hours). Not sure if it was the diet Coke or all that water on the screen, but I had to take one bio-break during the movie and then again after it was over, lol.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I will check out Molly's Game. We watched the Leisure Seeker with Helen Mirren and Donald Southerland. Interesting, although I disagreed with a lot of the conclusions they reached. Helen Mirren's Charleston accent went in and out.
    We watched Leisure Seekers. I liked it a lot! What did you disagree with? I suppose the Mrs’ idea was overly simplistic at the end, but still— ya gotta give her creditbfor takingnthat ending on!

Thread Information