Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: What movies are you watching 2018?

Looking forward to watching Roma this week.

Went to see Bohemian Rhapsody last night. Actually got a little weepy at the end.

DH and I watched Roma. I loved it - he not so much. I thought it really captured a place and time perfectly.

Loved the movie about Queen.

I want to see Bohemian Rhapsody. The only criticism I have heard is that it's a little light--great showcase for Queen songs and great performances but lacking a strong storyline or insight on Freddie Mercury. Do you guys who have seen it agree?

I'm also looking for a review on Leave No Trace.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I want to see Bohemian Rhapsody. The only criticism I have heard is that it's a little light--great showcase for Queen songs and great performances but lacking a strong storyline or insight on Freddie Mercury. Do you guys who have seen it agree?

I'm also looking for a review on Leave No Trace.
    Leave no Trace was worth seeing. It’s a coming of age story in unusual circumstances, where a girl has to evaluate the life she and her father have been living and take charge of the life that is best for her.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 12-20-18 at 10:03am.

We are going to see The Favorite today. I can hardly wait for the new movie about Mary Queen of Scots to come out, it will Probably be the best one of the year. This year has been so bleak for good films.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Have you seen Gagarin, first in space, to compare it to?
    No, haven't seen this. I don't have Netflix but if I run across it I'll check it out. There were multiple scenes in First Man about the space race with the Russians, and how our national pride was involved in this whole mission. No pressure .!

Catherine, no I don’t agree with that assessment of the Queen movie. IL, I also am looking forward to that movie.

The Favourite is delicious! It is a heavily fictionalized portrait of Queen Anne of England and her relationship with the Duchess of Marlborough, and when an interloper charms the Queen, girl fights ensue.

Sets and costumes are great, of course as in any costume drama, but the musical score is cool. The costumes are a bit stylized especially in the last third of the production, so that helps to clue us that this is a comedic presentation of life at Court, it is not straight bio.